"Superman IV: The Quest for Peace" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, June 13, 2013, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Nuclear power.
In the best hands, it is dangerous.
In Lex Luthor's hands, it is pure evil.

This is Superman's greatest battle.
And it is for all of us.

"The Dude of Steel! Boy are you gonna get it!" - Lenny Luthor

Release Date: July 24, 1987
Studio: Warner Bros./The Cannon Group
Director: Sidney J. Furie
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (J-D-C Scope)
Starring: Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Jackie Cooper, Mark McClure, Jon Cryer, Sam Wannamaker, Mark Pillow, Mariel Hemmingway, Margot Kidder

Plot Summary: Superman does a lot in his newest adventure. Archvillain Lex Luthor, determined to make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man. The two super-powered foes clash in an explosive screen extranvaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, repulse a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna, rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China and perform many more spetactular feats.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #219

This film could have been good....but alas.

Avaitor

I read an interview with Jon Cryer who lamented on how the original script for this was stronger than what made it on screen. He didn't really reveal everything that didn't make it to the screen, but I know that the little kid from earlier in the movie would've had a bigger role.

But yeah, this was the movie that was supposed to save the franchise. Just how St. Anger was supposed to be the album that gave Metallica their cred back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/