Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

One possible reason is that even kids are now fed up with Spongebob. It was already on Nick for what, four years before Oddparents? Spongebob still does well on Saturday mornings (a large part of why Young Justice and Green Lantern were canceled I'm sure is because they could never beat it) but that may be because of how much its trusted with parents, and I could see a number of them around the country who would think anything else that was on would be "too dark".

LumRanmaYasha

Kids just might be getting burnt out on the ol' sponge. It's been overplayed to death for over a decade now, and sometimes took up over a third of Nick's schedule in years past. Fairy Odd Parents has had less overexposure on Nick in recent years than Spongebob, so kids might be getting more out of something they don't see too often than a show they can watch anytime.

Avaitor

Like, SpongeBob still does better than just about anything else on the network, at least right now, but there are periods at a time when it days way less than before. I think for a while, Nick even cut down a lot of its daily airings.

As much as Nick hates to admit it, kids do get tired of things. Before Pokemon came back in a big way, kids lost interest in it, and Power Rangers never really regained its prominence from the early 90's. Hell, even iCarly, which at its peak did better then SpongeBob, lost a lot of momentum until it ended. What makes the sponge so special?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on August 02, 2013, 12:21:59 PM
Like, SpongeBob still does better than just about anything else on the network, at least right now, but there are periods at a time when it days way less than before. I think for a while, Nick even cut down a lot of its daily airings.

As much as Nick hates to admit it, kids do get tired of things. Before Pokemon came back in a big way, kids lost interest in it, and Power Rangers never really regained its prominence from the early 90's. Hell, even iCarly, which at its peak did better then SpongeBob, lost a lot of momentum until it ended. What makes the sponge so special?

Hate to admit it? More like they're totally oblivious, they put all the blame on Nielsen throughout last year. As if it was unfathomable for Disney or CN to beat them in any timeslot. To add to your examples, let's also not forget how burned out the Rugrats fandom finally got when they kept making all those spinoffs. Heck, no spinoffs is probably the only reason Spongebob has stayed afloat for so long.

Daikun

Commode

Never saw it.  I take it the show wasn't very good?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Peanutbutter

I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Dudley was the only one who would screech at the top of his lungs. Kitty, Kegswick and the Chief were decent characters. I'm sure almost everyone else here hated it, but it was a decent fun show that didn't deserve to get buried by Nick.

It really is ridiculous that Nick won't give any cartoon that's not Spongebob or FOP a decent shot at getting as much popularity. TMNT is the only series that hasn't their schedule messed with.

King Hippo

I've known it was cancelled for ages. You don't shuffle a show off to Nicktoons oblivion unless you're done with it.

I'm sure Darryl Heine will be torn up about this, but who cares.

I think after the failure of Korra Nick is going to double down. The new movie will likely generate a huge buzz of new Sponge popularity, so they'll just ride that wave.

Avaitor

Last I checked, Sanjay and Craig was doing alright. Did that change?

But yeah, I don't think it was much of a surprise that this one is over. I haven't seen the show, but from what I can tell, Nick has been doing nothing with it for a while now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

King Hippo

It's doing alright for now. But I fully expect it to duffer the same fate.

Kiddington

I actually thought it was pretty funny back when it started (by Hartman standards anyway, it was leagues better than either of his two previous shows), but I haven't even seen it in a couple years. Guessing that didn't last.

To be honest I barely watch cartoons at all anymore. Other than Gravity Falls, I can't think of anything "new" that's actually held my interest longer than a month. Eh... don't look now, but I'm becoming one of "those guys".

Commode

I DVR TTA and Animaniacs each day, plus I occasionally watch stuff on Boomerang, but other than that I don't watch many cartoons anymore either. 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Yeah, I mean... I still watch older stuff occasionally. Running through Daria again. And I finally picked up the last DVD of Harvey Birdman that I've been missing all these years.

I dunno, I just cannot get into most of what's on TV right now. I tried so hard to get into Adventure Time (a lot of girls I work with like it from what I've noticed), but... it just doesn't do it for me. As a kid I'm sure I would've loved it, and if it had nostalgia working in it's favor I could probably still watch it now, but with neither of those things it's just "there".

King Hippo

Quote from: Kiddington on January 17, 2014, 11:06:11 PM
Yeah, I mean... I still watch older stuff occasionally. Running through Daria again. And I finally picked up the last DVD of Harvey Birdman that I've been missing all these years.

I dunno, I just cannot get into most of what's on TV right now. I tried so hard to get into Adventure Time (a lot of girls I work with like it from what I've noticed), but... it just doesn't do it for me. As a kid I'm sure I would've loved it, and if it had nostalgia working in it's favor I could probably still watch it now, but with neither of those things it's just "there".

You think it's bad now? Wait until you turn 25, then you won't be able to enjoy anything anymore.

Sarcasm aside, cartoons have gotten so bland and sterilized that it's really hard to get into anything anymore. Like you, the only thing new I watch anymore is Gravity Falls, and that still won't have new episodes for a while.

Avaitor

I have Archer!

And that's about it. Although Space Dandy is fun so far. Oh, and Boondocks is coming back soon apparently.

New blog!