What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 20, 2014, 11:25:21 PM
I just saw a picture of Kenshin killing Shishio in that stupid anime movie thing.

Kenshin

killing

Shishio

:srs:

Whoever decided on that clearly doesn't understand what Kenshin's character arc in the Kyoto arc was about, much less the themes of that arc in general. Like, at all.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That whole Shin Kyoto Hen OVA bullshit was the worst butchering of a classic manga series since Reflection. I know that someone knows how to get the series right, since the TV anime did a good job of adapting the Kyoto arc and remaining faithful to it, and the Trust and Betrayal OVA/movie was excellent. Yet rather than finally adapt the a revenge arc, some dick-for-brains decided to re-adapt an arc that was already done perfectly and completely fuck it up in the process, by flat-out managing to miss every single fucking point of the series and characters in the first place.

Spark Of Spirit

It just floors me how many OVAs they keep making that completely miss the point of the series.

Watsuki should make some sort of stipulation to these people that unless they're going to adapt the Revenge arc they should just go peddle their idiotic fan-fiction elsewhere.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

What's worse is that Kenshin doesn't even react to his supposedly accidental kill. The whole thing was just meant to pander to braindead idiots who want their shounen to be grimdark and edgy (there's even a pointless sex scene for crying out loud!). Fucktards should go watch crap like Akame ga Kill if they want their dark shounenshit.

And they shove the Aoshi fight in the last five minutes because they can't pace worth shit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Aoshi had one of the coolest fights in the Kyoto arc against Okina, which is both really intense and creative, and actually has enough violence to pander to the idiots who just want their dark shounenshit, but does that make it into these OVAs? Heh, I guess they really needed that extra time for the pointless sex scene and Shishio killing off Usui himself for absolutely no reason.

This shit seems like what happens when terrible writers butcher awesome comic book characters by trying to make them darker because they think that's cool or something. Now I know how Batman fans must have felt after reading ASSBAR, of how Marvel fans probably felt after Ultimatum. SKH is basically just that for Rurouni Kenshin.

Eddy

I had to go look this up to even confirm it. He does. Kenshin kills Shishio. And he doesn't just kill him, he splits his head in two.

gunswordfist

the youtube comments must be gold.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

I just finished Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki OVA 3.  I feel sorry for the Tenchi fans who waited 8 years for this piece of shit.  I want to buy the dvd just so that I can throw it in a furnace.

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 1 of the Jojo remake. It's so interesting going into series mostly blind. I hope no clue it was set in the 1800s.

This episode was like the start of a good movie. My attention is definitely held.

Speedy

Railgun season 2.  I'm glad I stuck with the series after having an "eh, it's okay" reaction to the first dozen episodes of season 1; it's gotten much more engaging, especially once the "cloning" plot kicked off.

gunswordfist

Within the last hour, I believe (and before I just started Dead Island), I watched Jojo episode 2. Boy, did he go down the wrong alley. Also, things started to get really supernatural. I'm still curious to where all this leads to. I have few clues on that. Very few.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think that Part 1: Phantom Blood has the best start, but the rest is just OK. Part 2: Battle Tendency, which starts on episode 10, is when the series really starts getting good, IMO.

gunswordfist

I watched episode 3 of Jojo yesterday (Thursday). That was like the end of a decent horror movie (I already knew that wasn't the end but you get what I mean). I watching episode 4 about an hour ago. So that's what people in Jojo derive their power from? I actually theorized that the music somehow gives the main characters powers (and not just Dio and his minions). This is a good time as ever to mention that I did not think this show would be this bloody and gruesome. Yeesh. Anyway, did I say that I'm hooked before? Because I am!

gunswordfist

Just finished episode 7 of Jojo *sniffles*

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just wait until episode 9, and then after that the series really starts. This first arc really just feels like a well-done but overly-extended prologue to me.