What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on August 29, 2013, 10:56:39 PM
The music is done by the same composer as Lupin III.

Seriously, watch it. It's awesome.
:huh:

I watched another episode of FZ,The King's first two episodes in HXH and an episode of Fist Of The Northstar for the first time since summer, this week.

On HXH, man two characters were killed for no reason right after The King's birth. Now that was appalling. At least the other character deaths this arc set the dark mood. These were practically random.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched up through episode 11 or Fate Zero tonight. So....just how much power do these servants have at their disposal? I mean, if Rider can summon an entire fucking army at will, and the other servants are presumably at a comparable level of power in their own way, then I have to believe that everyone else has been seriously holding back until now. :sweat:

The Shadow Gentleman

I decided to see what all the hubbub about Titan was. I'm not sure it's necessarily all that great, but it's entertaining.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a hilariously over the top series that people think is legitamately good. I think it's enjoyable, but for all of the wrong reasons.

Spark Of Spirit

My friend lent my his copy of Outlaw Star Complete Collection.

I already blew through the first part.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

TheEclecticDude

Currently watching:

Patlabor OVA

Sound of the Sky aka that other Klimt anime as Dalek puts it

Angus

Trying to watch Ghost Hunt, but it's put me to sleep several times.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched episode 16 of Fate Zero.

Damn! Lancer got screwed....

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm now 21 episodes into Fate/Zero. Alright, since when the hell has Berserker been able to shape-shift?

Also, Gilgamesh is an ass-hole. I just had to say that. :D

Rynnec

Berserker's shapeshifting is one of his Noble Phantasms. It's basically what prevents people from knowing his identity and abilities.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just watched Wolf Children: Ame and Yumi. Easily the 2nd best Hosoda film.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on September 12, 2013, 05:03:34 PM
I just watched Wolf Children: Ame and Yumi. Easily the 2nd best Hosoda film.

I've been meaning to see that film myself. On a side not, being that I'm not familiar with the works of Hosada (since I haven't watched many non-franchise anime films) which film of his is the best in your opinion?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I've seen all of his feature-length films up to this point, and I think that they are all good to some extent. He hasn't been doing movies as long as someone like Miyazaki, though, so he only primarily has 4 full length movies, so far. I think he has done some short films as well, but aside from Our War Game, I haven't seen any of them. I'll just go ahead and rank his 4 major movies in order of my personal preference for them:

1. Summer Wars
2. Wolf Children: Ame and Yumi
3. The Girl Who Leaped Through Time
4. One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island

The last 2 films are decent watches, and the top 2 I find to be downright amazing. If I were to count Our War Game in there, though, then it would rank right in the middle, between Wolf Children and TGWLTT.

Spark Of Spirit

I still want to see Summer Wars.

Anyway, just finished Outlaw Star. Still as good as I remember it being.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just finished Fate/Zero. Overall it was really good, despite the fact that I just downright didn't get the stuff about the Holy Grail. This series was thankfully mostly character driven, which is why it was still interesting. I also liked how the epilogue in the final episode tied into the beginning of Fate/Stay Night, and almost made me want to re-watch that series (the key word being almost).