What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 06, 2018, 02:14:53 PM
Hinomaru was alright. Better than I expected for Pierrot, but I'm not sure how long it will take them to screw it up royally. While it was done alright for what it was, nothing about it stands out enough as an adaptation that would make me recommend watching this version over just reading the manga. That said, I'll still be keeping up with it this season for now.
Don't you mean Gonzo, Ek?  :sweat: 

I thought it was a decent adaption of the first chapter, though like you said, it's hard to recommended it over the manga (especially since it lacks Kawada's dynamic artwork).  With that said, I'm curious about how they're going to handle the coming episodes since it appears that they're planning on skipping/condensing quite a bit of material in order to fit the entirety of the High School Sumo arc into 24 episodes.  For now though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: VLordGTZ on October 07, 2018, 08:34:08 PMDon't you mean Gonzo, Ek?  :sweat:

What's the difference? *cue punchline drumbeat* :>

OK, but seriously, I made a flub because I confused one shity studio for another.

Dr. Insomniac

Everyone on Twitter is talking about how offensive Goblin Slayer is, while here I am wondering how the plot makes sense. The world in Goblin Slayer treats goblin hunting like a childish thing that only teenagers do on their first adventure, yet goblins are also an entire race of murderous rapists who raze entire villages and kidnap women to use them for breeding. I don't know how the latter correlates with the former.

Spark Of Spirit

Karakuri Circus was as good as expected. Definitely will be looking forward to more every week. More Fujita is always a good thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

That Part 5 ED will be very off-putting whenever a dramatic cliffhanger happens.

Painted Outlaw

Typed this up on some Fall 2018 anime thoughts. The short version is that I plan to watch Jojo Part 5 and Karakuri Circus, Sora to Umi looks good but I'm a little cautious and I'm a lot cautious around Gridman anime because, it's a mess so far.

Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

LumRanmaYasha

Probably only going to keep up with JoJo's and SSSS Gridman this season since I caught and enjoyed the first episodes of both at AX, and Karakuri Circus is also a given considering how much I loved Ushio & Tora. Will also be keeping an eye out for how Zombieland Saga, Double Decker, Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san, Radiant, Hinomaru Zumo, and Bloom Into You turn out, though I might just stick might the manga for the latter three.

Dr. Insomniac

I don't know where you got this SwampRationalist guy from, Foggle. But he scares me. He sounds like a guy who doesn't wash his hands after watching mukbang videos. :shit:

Foggle

Foggle

Oh okay I just finished reading through the clusterfuck. Sorry, I'll be sure to vet guest writers more intensively next time. :sumi_embarrassed:

Lord Dalek

True facts: I have not watched Goblin Slayer nor do I have any desire to.