What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

True Facts: I have now watched Goblin Slayer.

:humhumhum:

VLordGTZ

I was at Anime NYC this weekend with Lum, so I got the opportunity to see the screening of the first two eps of Mob Psycho 100 Season 2.  It was fantastic!  Bones is really back with their A-game, and from a production standpoint, it looks even more polished than the first season.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of it in January.

Spark Of Spirit

Did it cover much? Do you think it'll be able to reach the ending of the manga?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Latest episode of Zombieland Saga. ;_;

Dr. Insomniac

I watched Mari Okada's movie Maquia yesterday. It felt like a 12-episode anime truncated into a movie. Character arcs suddenly change thanks to time skips where there should have been in-between scenes. And the subplots like Leilia's unhappy marriage and Krim becoming a radical didn't add up together for me. They could've been cut so there would have been more time developing Maquia's relationship with Ariel.

Dr. Insomniac

LumRanmaYasha

^ Pokemon: Sun & Moon has already long established itself as the best Pokemon show ever, but if that doesn't convince you, nothing will.

Painted Outlaw

Personally, I wish I could join in the hype for Sun/Moon. I'm sure it's a fine show for what it is but, the lack of building to a League of some sort (or, even just Contests/performances) and having it just be lackadaisical "Satoshi goes to school!" one-offs just turned me away. I mean, I didn't go in expecting a redux or the same level of X/Y but something that could at the very least keep my interest since X/Y brought back that interest in a big way and, so far, I've just got a fart sound.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Painted Outlaw on January 09, 2019, 01:12:21 PM
Personally, I wish I could join in the hype for Sun/Moon. I'm sure it's a fine show for what it is but, the lack of building to a League of some sort (or, even just Contests/performances) and having it just be lackadaisical "Satoshi goes to school!" one-offs just turned me away. I mean, I didn't go in expecting a redux or the same level of X/Y but something that could at the very least keep my interest since X/Y brought back that interest in a big way and, so far, I've just got a fart sound.

It's actually not purely episodic. Ash is still challenging all of the Island Kahunas, and Professor Kukui establishing the Alola League is something that's been hinted at. Not only that, but the show has a lot of story arcs like the Nebby arc and the Ultra Beasts arc, and various subplots like Lillie learning to become comfortable around Pokemon again, Litten being a stray cat learning fire fang from his Stoutland mentor before he joins Ash's team, shaggy-haired Eevee's crazy journey until he finally crosses paths with Ash's group, etc. So there's a lot of continuity and character development in the show, about as strong as in XY. But more than that, the animation is consistently great and its comedy is consistently hilarious and playful, and I personally really appreciate the show has a looser plot structure that allows it to play around with different sorts of storylines that it couldn't do when it was based on the traveling through a region/challenging gym leaders/pokemon league formula.

Painted Outlaw

Hmmm, I suppose that does make it sound interesting enough to get back to. I'll probably have to start from episode 1 since it's been so long since Sun/Moon came out but, it'd be nice to watch a weekly Pokemon again when I catch up. Thanks!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just watched The Promised Neverland premiere. It's fine as far as adaptations go, though it did kind of make me realize one minor (but noticeable) hole in the logic of one of the character's in retrospect that I didn't think about when I first read the manga.

Now, here's hoping that Kimetsu no Yaiba can score itself a pretty good adaptation.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just watched this week's episode of Mob Psycho 100 and....holy shit, that cliffhanger....:huh:

Avaitor

I tend to watch anime on VRV on my breaks at work, and while I've mostly been doing AnJ 2 (aside from new Jojo day), I decided to pause that to finish Fate/stay night: UBW. I tried keeping up with the show when it first aired, but fell out around episode 7 or so because it wasn't catching my attention as well as Zero was, but seeing that the Heaven's Feel movies are a thing made me interested in finally finishing it.

It becomes a lot better as it goes along, but I do ultimately prefer F/Z. Still, I like Shirou and Rin's relationship, and how it grows over the series. The action is also consistently engaging and the animation impressive, while the story is pretty solid throughout. Now I just wish that the movies were easier to find here, since I missed both of their screenings.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Kimetsu no Yaiba premiere did not disappoint, with good direction and perfect pacing. And if that OP is any indication, the fight animation is going to he gorgeous with unique ways of representing each fighting style from the manga.