What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2012, 05:00:52 PM
You know, I think my problem with CCS and SM is that now that I'm older, I grow weary of monster of the week anime. I like the characters and what I recall of the stories enough to get behind them, but there's too much filler for me to sit through. Even with something like DBZ, a lot of the filler actually did contribute to the story, even if you could cut most of it out.
Basically. I've never really been a fan of the monster of the week formula, though if the story is good enough in canon material it can keep my interest.

It's kinda why I wish the SM anime wasn't in legal limbo, because honestly a Kai situation would really help the series out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Angus

Yay for CCS! :) I agree it's dreadfully slow as a local bus, but it's really cute for a kids show. The manga series goes much quicker and has some interesting twists.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

The slow magical girl development and multiple series holds me back from getting into SM and Pretty Cure. So many episodes, so little time.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Lord Dalek

Dog Days

....I don't need your pity.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Why not just watch something that you at least don't already know will suck going into it?

Lord Dalek

Where would the fun be in that?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Lord Dalek on July 29, 2012, 10:33:00 PM
Where would the fun be in that?

Enjoying a good series that's well written, I suppose. :>

Lord Dalek

On episode three.

Frankly compared to the last 7 weeks of Gundam Seed Destiny this is a refreshing kind of terrible.

Lord Dalek

Episode 4 now... I'm not sure if this supposed to be some sort of parody of old 16-bit rpgs or is just incredibly uncreative.

........on the plus side, I'm rewatching Black Lagoon for the first time in a while.

Avaitor

Wow, they've really dedicated 2 episodes to the kids learning how to cook.

I'm pretttty sure the Nelvana dub cut these eps out. I sure hope so. Even Inuyasha would've been ashamed of filler like this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

HEY GUYZ! GUESS WHAT I JUST FINISHED?!?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 10, 2012, 09:29:03 PM
If it's not The Tomorrow People, then I don't care.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 10, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on August 10, 2012, 09:29:03 PM
If it's not The Tomorrow People, then I don't care.
I watched all that shit in 95.

Angus

Is the cooking one where she learns how to fry stuff?