What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm 85 episodes into Slam Dunk, so I'm almost done with the anime (though I'm not sure if it covers all of the manga's story). Damn that be some intense basketball playing! :SHOCK:

Shohoku's rematch with Ryonan was the longest match yet, however it moved by surprisingly fast to the point that I didn't even realize that I made myself stay up until 3 AM watching the whole damn thing, and effectively only got a few hours of sleep before getting up for my 8 AM class this morning. And this is why its a bad idea for me to watch long-running addicting anime (especially if its shonen) when I'm in college. :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

The anime doesn't go to the end, but I think the OVA finished it up.

But yes, it is quite intense.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

The thread going on in the fun & Games board reminds me to post this article.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just finished watching Slam Dunk. Overall, it was pretty good, but it doesn't cover the entire story (it only covers the first 197 chapters of the manga), and as far as I know there is no continuation of the anime that finishes the rest of the story. I looked up to see if there were any OVAs or anything of the sort, but all I found were a few movies/TV specials that weren't based off of anything from the manga. So, I'm basically just going to finish the rest of the series by reading the manga.

Now I once again have an open spot for watching an anime in my spare time. I think I'll finally get around to watching The Twelve Kingdoms, and then I'll probably go ahead and get through Fate/Zero, and after that I'll probably come back here to ask for some recommendations, I suppose.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Are you writing a review of that console war anime, Foggle?

I hear Tails dies.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on January 27, 2013, 02:33:50 PM
You should watch The Wire! :happytime:

Send me all of the DVDs free of charge and I'll watch it. :sly:

Either that, or write a letter to HBO telling them not to be fucking snobs and just stream the damn show on Netflix.

Avaitor

Yeah, The Wire is a show I cannot recommend watching online at all. You need to be able to watch it as distraction-free as possible, preferably without taking breaks while watching an episode.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 27, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
I don't think so, maybe you can tackle that one. ;)

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 27, 2013, 03:05:08 PM
Send me all of the DVDs free of charge and I'll watch it. :sly:

Either that, or write a letter to HBO telling them not to be fucking snobs and just stream the damn show on Netflix.
I'm sure there's somewhere you can stream it. Or maybe not.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 27, 2013, 03:15:02 PM
Yeah, The Wire is a show I cannot recommend watching online at all. You need to be able to watch it as distraction-free as possible, preferably without taking breaks while watching an episode.
Just full-screen the video and close your instant messaging programs, then you can watch it on the computer. That's what I did for the first season. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on January 27, 2013, 03:15:02 PM

Well in that case, its out of the question for me to watch it while I'm in college. Hell, I won't even be getting a Summer this year as I'll be moving straight into rotations as soon as this semester ends, and if I get a part-time job on top of that, I could be working anywhere from 40-70 hours a week depending on how lax or intense my variable schedules might get. So maybe I'll never have time to watch a show that gives me no time to take breaks from it. :??:

Avaitor

Oh, I just meant sit down and watch one episode al the way through at a time. Thanks to online synopsis's and episode recaps, you can easily refresh yourself if you don't have time to watch much more.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, that wouldn't make streaming a problem for me. When I was watching stuff on Netflix I could stream videos in full-screen and there were no commercial interruptions that I ever had to worry about, so I don't think it'd do The Wire any injustice if I were to stream it instead of ordering the DVDs. But, that's a moot point, since it seems as though HBO will never have any intentions of streaming any of their popular shows.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 27, 2013, 02:53:13 PM

I hear Tails dies.

I decided to check the first episode of this anime out since you reminded me that it exists.

I've heard people say before that its one of those "so bad its hilarious" sort of anime. To those people, I disrespectfully disagree. Personally I'd say that from what I've seen, its so bad its atrocious. Seriously, what the fuck did I just watch?

Somebody needs to review this thing and tear it to pieces. I'd do it but I'm bad at doing negative reviews and making them humorous. Foggle, you NEED to do a review of this anime. You're the only one qualified to write about it. :>

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 27, 2013, 03:48:35 PM
Well, that wouldn't make streaming a problem for me. When I was watching stuff on Netflix I could stream videos in full-screen and there were no commercial interruptions that I ever had to worry about, so I don't think it'd do The Wire any injustice if I were to stream it instead of ordering the DVDs. But, that's a moot point, since it seems as though HBO will never have any intentions of streaming any of their popular shows.
Then putlocker it, you cheap bastard.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 27, 2013, 06:13:25 PM
Then putlocker it, you cheap bastard.

I'm sorry that having $40,000 a year on college tuition hanging over my head counts as being a cheap bastard. :unimpressed: