What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Grave on October 06, 2013, 12:01:28 PM
Ah, that. I did check Kill la Kill before going to bed last night. I thought the animation was spot on. The fighting and the animation are the main reasons I'm so curious about Birdy the Mighty and Corpse Princess. That said, the wackiness don't really cut it for me. I was never a fan of Gurren Lagann (and I see a bit of that here) or Fooly Cooly so I don't really get a kick out of that craziness, but the high octane animation really was good.

I guess I'm at that splitting point where the animation could really be a draw point for me, while everything else is a turnoff. Speaking of turnoffs, I really hope Ryoko (sp?) isn't going to be dressed like that throughout the series. I stopped myself from going on a rant about Fairy Tail throwing fanservice in my face every chapter, and that could be a breaking point for me.

I'm not dismissing this yet, because it definitely has the draw to get me back into anime, but because I have such a low tolerance level, I can't guarantee I'll be sticking with this.
Except for the fact that I like FLCL, this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

SWamP

Currently viewing Watamote...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIAXFQ0T74

That opening...

...and, in other news...

...so true, so true.

Foggle

I really enjoyed Watamote. I thought it was simultaneously hilarious and depressing. :D

Dr. Insomniac

What watching Watamote felt like.

LumRanmaYasha

I've been wanting to watch Watamote for some time now, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I should just set up a time during the week where I can watch a bunch of streaming anime, like Kill la Kill, One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, The Eccentric Family etc. back to back.  :D

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I feel like a total hipster for saying it but read the manga. A lot of jokes were gleamed over and Tomoko isn't nearly as unlikeable in print.

Also I'm not a big fan of Kill la Kill but I'ma keep watching because of Ami Koshimizu.

Foggle

I don't think Tomoko is unlikeable in the anime, but yeah, the manga is better.

The voice acting in KLK is the best I've heard in an anime in a long time.

Nel_Annette

I think by the time I got around to Gurren Lagann the show had been so hyped up for me, that it simply couldn't meet my expectations. I think someone here or somewhere else said it best where the show kind of laid the over-the-top hyper craziness on a bit too thick, which made trying to feel anything for the (sort of?) mood whiplash that happened down the road a bit difficult. Animation was still fantastic. I only saw it when it aired on Animondays, but I do have the complete series dvd and plan on giving it another watch down the road.

And the Yoko cosplays it gave us... oh my yes.  :joy:

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on October 08, 2013, 12:20:02 AM
I think by the time I got around to Gurren Lagann the show had been so hyped up for me, that it simply couldn't meet my expectations. I think someone here or somewhere else said it best where the show kind of laid the over-the-top hyper craziness on a bit too thick, which made trying to feel anything for the (sort of?) mood whiplash that happened down the road a bit difficult. Animation was still fantastic.
Yeah, I felt exactly the same way the first time I tried watching it. The over the topness doesn't bother me anymore, though; in fact, I absolutely love it. Guess my taste just really changed over the years. :sweat:

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 07, 2013, 04:39:44 AM

What watching Watamote felt like.

Sometimes, I feel sorry that kid. Still, I wonder how long we'll have to wait for season 2, can't wait to see her new rival, Kotomi Komiyama in animated form.

gunswordfist

Watched episode 99 of HXH. Another good episode that hints what'll happen in later episodes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

NEXT TIME ON THE AOTY

So glad someone made a gif of this.

Grave

Finally got a chance to see the 1st episode to the new Hajime no Ippo. Depending on the amount of episodes will determine if I have a problem or not. For the most part I don't really have a problem, but I do have somewhat of a concern with the pacing. Which is ironic because the manga feels more like it's dragging things out whereas, here it feels a bit on the rushy side. Hopefully episode 2 or 3 (or whenever this fight ends) will explain who this guy is so it won't feel like another nobody being thrown at Ippo, although, I probably got all the info I need.

I'm hoping for at least 50 episodes (which I don't think was said to be happening) because 26 don't really do this series any justice. I think the reason I like season 1 so much was (minus the fights) because the characters were fleshed out. With HnI being 1000+ chapters strong and don't look like it'll end anytime soon, 26 or less episodes is too little to really get to know the characters that're being introduced, and this is probably one of the other reasons I didn't care much for New Challenger.

Dr. Insomniac

Watching Diabolik Lovers, and the vampire date-rapist of the episode yells at his victim, saying that it's her own fault for being so weak.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 14, 2013, 07:02:09 PM
Watching Diabolik Lovers, and the vampire date-rapist of the episode yells at his victim, saying that it's her own fault for being so weak.

So feminist.