What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2014, 12:50:22 AM
The manga (and Part 2's English dub, for that matter) don't apply to what I wrote. :P

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 14, 2014, 12:42:54 AM
To make my point clearer, take American cartoons. The Simpsons is a "family show," but has humor that adults will appreciate. Of course, with a TVPG rating, technically it's still appropriate for kids in some capacity, but you don't see people comparing Nick Jr. cartoons to it. That's just silly, and begs the question: what were you expecting?
I can't say for Dalek, but I think I was expecting less Nick Jr., more straight up Nickelodeon.
Have you seen Breadwinners?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, even then, I don't see the point in a grown adult purposely watching and picking apart a show clearly not intended for them. If it was offensively bad for kids, then yeah, I'd get it, but it's a very safe, child-friendly series, based on the premiere episode that I saw for the write-up (I didn't actually continue watching it, obviously). Whether you were expecting Nick or Nick Jr., it's still a kids show, not a family show. There's a difference.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 14, 2014, 12:52:31 AM
Have you seen Breadwinners?
Unfortunately. :whuh: :shit:

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 14, 2014, 12:54:45 AM
Eh, even then, I don't see the point in a grown adult purposely watching and picking apart a show clearly not intended for them. If it was offensively bad for kids, then yeah, I'd get it, but it's a very safe, child-friendly series, based on the premiere episode that I saw for the write-up (I didn't actually continue watching it, obviously). Whether you were expecting Nick or Nick Jr., it's still a kids show, not a family show. There's a difference.
The only show we watch to pick apart is Sword Art. :D

LumRanmaYasha

Humorously enough, you can pretty much see the difference by just comparing Mysterious Joker to Magic Kaito 1412, since both have the same sort of concept, except the former is intended for kids, while the latter is intended as a family show, and that shows in the execution of those respective series.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I'm not going to dwell on the Nick Jr. of anime, anyways, so whatevs....Also I was mostly just referring to Dalek over the top verdicts, not you or anyone specifically

Also, I actually checked out WSBBC's 2nd episode just because it's Trigger and I wanted to give this at least one more chance. I can now safely say that this show is a pile of cow dung. Whereas I couldn't say that anything in the premiere was downright good or bad, just mediocre, now I can safely call this show a piece of shit. That clears things up much more. Best of luck on your next project, Trigger. I know that you guys are way too talented for this junk, but you also need to make a living somehow.

Foggle

Yeah, the second episode of Inou-Battle was truly awful. I can't believe ANN actually praised that shit...

Rynnec

Why couldn't Trigger just animate something like Hayate X Blade instead? :gonk:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on October 14, 2014, 01:05:07 AMYeah, the second episode of Inou-Battle was truly awful. I can't believe ANN actually praised that shit...

JO gave it a 4/5, and Zac a 4.5/5....and that explains way too much....

LumRanmaYasha

ANN praised Wake Up Girls!. I kind of stopped taking their opinions seriously after that.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Rynnec on October 14, 2014, 01:09:08 AM
Why couldn't Trigger just animate something like Hayate X Blade instead? :gonk:

If Trigger is going to adapt any currently-running manga, then it HAS to be this one:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Cartoon X on October 14, 2014, 01:11:33 AM
ANN praised Wake Up Girls!. I kind of stopped taking their opinions seriously after that.

I still remember when the last episode compared the dramatic intensity of an idol competition to 9/11.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 14, 2014, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: Cartoon X on October 14, 2014, 01:11:33 AM

I still remember when the last episode compared the dramatic intensity of an idol competition to 9/11.

:wth:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken