What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I finally got around to watching episode 0 of Fate Stay Night. I've been procrastinating because I did want to sit around and watch almost an hour of an episode that stars a magic girl, one of my least favorite types of anime characters.

gunswordfist

I watched Episode 1 earlier...if I didn't like Fate/Zero so much, I'd drop this. I almost never like magic high school students anime.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 21, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
I watched Episode 1 earlier...if I didn't like Fate/Zero so much, I'd drop this. I almost never like magic high school students anime.
You may want to drop it then, for your sanity. I like F/SN, and it's one of the better magic high school student stories, but that's exactly what it is for a good 60-70% of the duration. I suggest checking out the Heaven's Feel movies when they finally come out, though. HF is still about magic high school students, but it's a lot darker/more interesting with better action scenes. It feels like a true followup to F/Z.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I like F/SN, myself. I think it's about as good as you could possibly do such a contrived and silly concept of magic high school students fighting each other and still be able to take it seriously. That said, don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as Fate/Zero.

gunswordfist

Ehh, I'm on the fence. I'll probably watch a few more episodes before I make a decision though.

LumRanmaYasha

To be honest, I've been a bit disappointed with how UBW's been going lately. I feel a lot of major plot threads and characters have been resolved in a rather easy and underwhelming way, and certain opportunities for greater character and thematic exploration were wasted. I still like it, but in terms of story and characters, it hasn't been as interesting and engaging as Fate/Zero was for me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I still haven't watched UBW's second season yet. I don't have the time to keep up with too many shows, but now that Arrow and The Flash have wrapped up their season runs, I should finally have the time to catch up with some anime.

gunswordfist

I was thinking "maybe I should be finishing Daredevil" when I started one of the episodes of Fate/Stay Night today lol.

gunswordfist

I watched Inuyasha's favorite word Miasma, Part 3 early.  :'( :'( That was a lesson in taking death in JoJo more seriously. Other anime has numbed me.

Spark Of Spirit

I watched the first episode dub of Ninja Slayer.

They put way too much effort into this junk. Seriously.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

It's pure garbage. Basically Inferno Cop if it wasn't funny.

Dr. Insomniac

The dub at least makes it less awful, if only because Chris Sabat's hamming it up.

Spark Of Spirit

I think what annoyed me most is of how such an easy idea this was to make work. All you had to do was play it straight, add in crazy designs and dialogue, and actually use the designs and art made for the opening. This is just a monumental waste of time, money, effort, and creativity. Whoever put this together has a pretty limited imagination if they couldn't figure out how to make this work.

This show has officially put Trigger on my caution list for new shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!MUDA!

I heard it was coming soon and couldn't be happier. Also, Dio-Sama's peace of mind speech disturbed me.