What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on June 30, 2015, 02:05:11 AM
I love what I've seen of BBB so far.  I really hope it gets a second season.  From what I've heard, the show has been doing really well in Japan.
Unless Nightow is planning on ending the manga in one last go, I don't think there's enough material for a second season. But I wouldn't count out more BBB considering its surprise success. It's his biggest hit there since the Trigun manga.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Well, it is the only series he's done since he finished Trigun in the first place.  :P

I'd say there's enough material for a second season. The anime so far has only adapted five volumes (and they've skipped chapters), and there's ten volumes out right now. Besides, the whole plotline about Black and White is exclusive to the anime (they, and the events pertaining to their story arc, aren't in the manga). There's no reason why they couldn't do another anime original story using unadapted manga chapters to fill out a cour like they've already done.

The manga was only a modest success before, but the anime has really put the series on the map, and the dvds/blu-rays are selling extremely well. So I can definitely see them making more of the anime as soon as they can; the demand and the money is there.

Spark Of Spirit

There are a bunch of two-parters like Z's Longest Day they could adapt, too. It does look like a second season is highly doable. I just wonder if Nightow himself has something up his sleeve for future chapters of the manga and the main story-line with Leo finding sight for his sister. The manga itself is good, but the way the anime pulls it all together makes it more fun to watch than it is to read, also the anime exclusive stuff is great, too.

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 07, 2015, 06:48:52 PM
Well, it is the only series he's done since he finished Trigun in the first place.  :P
Sure, if you ignore the Trigun anime and Gungrave which were nowhere near as popular.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

They already adapted Z's Longest Day, but yeah, there's still plenty of two-parters for them to use.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 07, 2015, 06:58:51 PM
Sure, if you ignore the Trigun anime and Gungrave which were nowhere near as popular.  ;)

I thought we were only talking about his manga, but in that case, I see your point.  :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, I know they adapted that one, it's actually one of my favorites in the show, I just meant that there are more two-parters like it they could adapt. Heck, they could even make them all one long arc if the wanted to.

Either way, I'm excited for what they might do next.

gunswordfist

I watched 3 more episodes of Fist Of The Northstar, with the last two being Juza's first two episodes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I watched another episode of Fist Of the Northstar early this morning. What the hell, Kenshiro?!!

gunswordfist

I watched the third episode of Ushio & Tora earlier this evening. It was a standard type of episode (I think) but it seemed to more importantly be about cast building and it was decently fun so I do not mind.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 20, 2015, 02:12:19 AM
I watched the third episode of Ushio & Tora earlier this evening. It was a standard type of episode (I think) but it seemed to more importantly be about cast building and it was decently fun so I do not mind.
The next episode was a two-parter in the original OVA, so it should be interesting to see how it's adapted here. The OVA never went beyond early material, so it's hard to say exactly what to expect later on down the road since I never read the manga.

But yeah, right now this is the beginning of the story that focuses on establishing characters.

gunswordfist

Now I'm interesting. And yeah, I have no problem with characters being established. Also, I liked seeing Ushio's love of art.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 20, 2015, 08:00:31 PMAlso, I liked seeing Ushio's love of art.
It was a trait that wasn't shown off at all in the OVA (I think they showed him randomly painting in one scene but that was it), but it is a trait I particularly like. He calls it his desire to create which contrasted with how good he is at destroying things (and yet is bad at creating them) makes him a bit more endearing as a character. Especially since it reflects well on his partnership with Tora as a being who wants to destroy but is instead attracted to the creation process of the humans around him.

Little things like that are nice.

gunswordfist

*runs to watch Ushio & Tora*

gunswordfist

I completed the Fist Of the Northstar episode End Of An Invincible Era..or something like that. It was funnier than the full title implied. I'd Juza more if his backstory wasn't so embarrassing. You thought you were going to get a Souther level flashback but it was me, redneck romance, all along!

VLordGTZ

Today, I caught up with the Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma anime.  Aside from the annoying and blatant fanservice in the early episodes, most of which was apparently added by JC Staff themselves, it's a very entertaining series.  I do plan to read the manga as well, but I want to finish some other things on my reading backlog first.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on August 27, 2015, 10:48:12 PM
Today, I caught up with the Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma anime.  Aside from the annoying and blatant fanservice in the early episodes, most of which was apparently added by JC Staff themselves, it's a very entertaining series.  I do plan to read the manga as well, but I want to finish some other things on my reading backlog first.
I find it quite enjoyable. A shame we didn't see how the Aldini Bros. fared this week, but it should be interesting to see next time.