"Three Flavors Cornetto: The World's End" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, August 23, 2013, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

ONE NIGHT. SIX FRIENDS. TWELVE PUBS.
TOTAL ANNIHILATION.

Gary King: "And here we go! Just like the five musketeers."
Steven Prince: "Three Musketeers wasn't it?"
Gary King: "Well nobody knows how many there were really do they?"

Release Date: 8/23/2013
Studio: Universal Focus/Relativity Media/Working Title
Director: Edgar Wright
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Paddy Considine, Martin Freeman, Eddie Marsen, Rosamund Pike

Plot Summary: 20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell bent on trying the drinking marathon again. They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their home town and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub, The World's End. As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind's. Reaching The World's End is the least of their worries.

COMMENTS?

Foggle

I went to the Cornetto Trilogy Marathon with some friends last night. It was amazing seeing Hot Fuzz properly in the theatre again, and Shaun of the Dead in the theatre for the first time.

As for The World's End, it's excellent. The humor is spot on the whole way through, the characters are very likable, and it features what is probably the greatest bar fight scene in cinema history. The ending was a lot darker than I expected (in a good way) and the film actually has something to say about getting older. Go see it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I always thought that Shaun of the Dead was just OK, but I LOVE Hot Fuzz, so I have enough of an incentive to give this film a shot.

Foggle

Aw, I love Shaun of the Dead too. :( Hot Fuzz is one of my all time favorites, though. It's in a league of its own.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I didn't hate Shaun of the Dead or anything. I just didn't find it that funny. Hot Fuzz is a riot, though.

Avaitor

One of the best experiences I've had in a theater is going to a double-feature of Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland, when the latter came out.

I actually just saw Zombieland the night before with a different set of friends, but that was too good of an offer to pass on.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/