Goonies Never Say Die!

Started by Daikun, April 09, 2014, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

I think it's time to start a thread about this 80s cult classic, especially since the sequel has been announced.

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

Now here's a property nobody ever tried cashing in on. Strange, considering when it came out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Inkwolf

They've been talking about a sequel/reunion movie to the Goonies off and on since the 80's. :D How legit and detailed is the announcement?

Hmmm, what to say about the Goonies...

I have always loved the opening of the movie, with the jailbreak scene and chase, and the music for it. Totally brilliant.

Ann Ramsey as Ma Fratelli made the movie.

There was a scene where the kids were attacked by a giant octopus that was cut from the movie. (Though they left in one of the kids referring to it at the end.) Did that lost scene ever get put on the DVD extras?

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

No-Personality

Quote from: Inkwolf on April 13, 2014, 06:18:08 PMThere was a scene where the kids were attacked by a giant octopus that was cut from the movie. (Though they left in one of the kids referring to it at the end.) Did that lost scene ever get put on the DVD extras?
Yes. It did. In the deleted scenes section.

I kind of eternally love this movie, in spite of how goofy it is. But, what really makes it for me is the music and the sets and the cinematography. It's a breathtaking movie. If you're wowed by what it did really well and you grew up in the right era to be wowed by it. Several scenes from the movie are prime Movie Magic type moments. That formed who I am as a moviegoer.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Inkwolf

By the way, that scene at the end, where Chunk tells Sloth, "You're going to live with me, now."

Did anyone else wonder how Chunk's parents would react to that? :D

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!