I'm a comics newb, really.
You. Nextwave. Read.
Is it a comedy? It sounds like one.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 04:33:40 PM
It's worse than Super Hero Squad.
We really need a vomiting emoticon.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Cool. I'm always looking for more funny comics to read.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Oh wow, it's like the exact same humor style as the Excel manga... :joy: :joy:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have no idea who Jeff Loeb is, but am I to understand that he may be playing a hand in screwing up Avengers: EMH after it finishes its 2nd season? That is to say, is he going to be screwing up an already good Marvel-based cartoon show in addition to butchering Spider-Man?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 24, 2012, 05:34:07 PM
I have no idea who Jeff Loeb is, but am I to understand that he may be playing a hand in screwing up Avengers: EMH after it finishes its 2nd season? That is to say, is he going to be screwing up an already good Marvel-based cartoon show in addition to butchering Spider-Man?
I'm not up on it, but apparently while writing the second season the head writers got the can due to the show being too complex or something. In response the second half of season 2 is apparently full of mostly stand alone episodes.

The show will probably get the axe after that. Because Marvel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 24, 2012, 05:42:43 PM
I'm not up on it, but apparently while writing the second season the head writers got the can due to the show being too complex or something.
No fucking wonder SSM got replaced by Seth MacFarlane Presents: Spider-Man. This Loeb chucklehead probably thought it wasn't dumbed down enough for hyperactive kids to be entertained by it. God forbid people over five years of age enjoy cartoons.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If that's the case, then I'm GLAD that TSSM ended when it did. Sure, it got the axe WAY earlier than it should have since it still could have gone on for at least another season with how much was left unresolved, but at least its entire run was quality and wasn't hampered (or rather completely trashed) by Loeb and his team. It just sucks that a promising show like Avengers: EMH may end up being dragged down by this guy. I mean, its one thing to replace a good show with an atrociously bad version of it, but at least it leaves the good show itself alone to stand on its own merits. Its really crossing the line, IMO, to completely trash a show that was doing fine by itself without any interference. I'd maybe understand this move if the show was getting really low ratings as it is (though I'd still hate something like this happening, regardless), but from what I've heard Avengers: EMH was at least doing decent on Disney XD, unless I heard wrong and it was actually getting terrible ratings all along. Either way, though, if this is true then I'm definitely going to stop watching this show after the episode where the original writers left. At least that way none of Loebb's garbage will taint the image of this series in my mind.

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 06:16:40 PM
No fucking wonder SSM got replaced by Seth MacFarlane Presents: Spider-Man. This Loeb chucklehead probably thought it wasn't dumbed down enough for hyperactive kids to be entertained by it. God forbid people over five years of age enjoy cartoons.

Honestly, I think that this Family Guy style of humor is too insultingly stupid even for 5 year olds. I feel sorry that kids have to grow up with this shit. I mean, yeah, crappy and uninspired cartoons have always been around since young kids will watch just about anything, but even the shitty 80's cartoons weren't typically "harmfully" bad. I honestly feel that shit like this show actively makes kids dumber as they watch it.

Avaitor

I think that Super Hero Squadron was supposed to be bad, though. Or at least for a totally different audience.

Also, Foggle, if you haven't, I'd recommend looking up X-Statix, and the last issues of X-Force when it was reformatted into it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

The sad thing, I hear, is that Jeph Loeb originally meant to retire from comics life after his son died, but Quesada coerced him into joining his side. So that's another thing to blame Joe on.

Foggle

9 minutes into the first episode. I don't know if I can finish it... :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 24, 2012, 09:27:07 PM
9 minutes into the first episode. I don't know if I can finish it... :whuh:
Now you have to watch all of them!  :huh:

The series is not getting better and I've seen the first 5 episodes.

Foggle

Wow. That was, without a doubt, the worst Spider-Man anything I have ever witnessed. Nearly everything about it was godawful, except for the high quality animation and JK Simmons' performance as Jameson.

Where do I even begin? Drake Bell is a garbage Spider-Man and somehow makes me long for anyone else... even Tobey Maguire would be better! The writing is horrendous, as are the numerous cutaway gags that serve only to make unfunny banter less funny. The fight scene was too boring and drawn out, featuring villains no one fucking cares about instead of popular Spider-Man mainstays. Worse still was the awful "comedy;" a bad guy gets incapacitated by slipping on jello and Spidey shoves Flash Thompson into a locker... really? I can't believe Paul Dini and Brian Michael Bendis are the ones behind such an abominable script - I've usually enjoyed their work in the past.

Episode 1 was physically painful to watch and I actually felt like my IQ had dropped a few points by the end of it. ...On to episode 2!

Spark Of Spirit

I also thought the whole idea that Spider-Man wasn't good enough to operate on his own and needed SHIELD to be as good as the Avengers was kind of insulting. I like the Avengers, but the hero worship for them in this show is awful and demeaning to Spider-Man as a superhero.

What a shame too as I like Iron Fist.