THIS BETTER BE A RUMOR

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 30, 2012, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on March 30, 2012, 08:23:25 PM
It would take a lot for me to give up on modern gaming. Now, if Insomniac, Croteam, CD Projekt RED, Eidos Montreal, Sega, Nintendo, Platinum, Grasshopper, Valve, Gearbox, Rockstar, Atlus, Remedy, and Flying Wild Hog all shut down, then yeah, I'd stop caring. ;)
Nope, still wouldn't be enough for me.

I hate how after Sega is getting Sonic in order and is putting JSR on XBLA, massive layoffs have to happen.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 01, 2012, 02:16:51 AM
It would take a lot for me to give up on modern gaming. Now, if Insomniac, Croteam, CD Projekt RED, Eidos Montreal, Sega, Nintendo, Platinum, Grasshopper, Valve, Gearbox, Rockstar, Atlus, Remedy, and Flying Wild Hog all shut down, then yeah, I'd stop caring. ;)

I hate how after Sega is getting Sonic in order and is putting JSR on XBLA, massive layoffs have to happen.
I agree, it really is a shame considering how much Sega has improved since the Sammy buy-out. I hope all those people land on their feet and that Sega can go back to producing new stuff in a few years.

But until then, at least we get some great new re-releases of classics and great new Sonic games;
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 01, 2012, 11:19:33 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 01, 2012, 02:16:51 AM

I agree, it really is a shame considering how much Sega has improved since the Sammy buy-out. I hope all those people land on their feet and that Sega can go back to producing new stuff in a few years.

But until then, at least we get some great new re-releases of classics and great new Sonic games;
I hope all of them get back on their feet as well.

I can honestly live with them doing little new IPs if they do it smart and don't just give us 5 franchises or whatever - give us sequels, remakes and releases we want with the occassional new IP and bring classic Sonic back again.

Spark Of Spirit

Again!

Next gen is going to be a bloodbath, I'm telling you.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Rynnec on March 30, 2012, 08:17:06 PM
I'm one step closer to shunning modern gaming.

Another step closer. Another step closer.

Foggle

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

No more AAA games? Does that mean no more Sonic? No more Yakuza? No Bayonetta 2? :cry: :cry: :cry:

gunswordfist

This only goes for Sega Europe right?....right?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Well that might explain why Anarchy Reigns has suddenly gone into limbo with its western release.

Personally, I just ordered Valkyria Chronicles 3 and I might do the same with Max Anarchy if it ends up Japan Only. I am hoping they don't step out of traditional gaming but I can't say they're offering me much else besides those games. It's such a shame they've come to consider these options especially since it seemed like they were doing quite well in the last few years. Didn't Generations have some of the highest sales for a Sonic game in years?

Foggle

I already ordered Max Anarchy and the OST from Japan. If I'm lucky, I'll also be able to grab VC 3 by year's end.

Kiddington

Is the notion that Nintendo just buy Sega that ridiculous, or at least the rights to their important properties? In any reality is that possible, or is this just a pipe dream?

There are franchises here that are very much worth saving, and if Sega isn't going to keep them alive, somebody has to.

Spark Of Spirit

If Sega ever got so low, Nintendo would scoop up Sonic faster than the little guy can run. But I doubt they would try for anything else. It's mainly Sonic they would want.

... Though Ristar would be cool, too...

Rosalinas Spare Wand

In a creative sense, Sega has a number of underutilized IPs that could stand to be rescued and given proper homes should they ever go under. In an economic one, Sonic is the only one actually worth saving since it prints money regardless of quality.

It's exactly the reason they call their games Sonic & Sega All-Stars instead of just Sega All-Stars.

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 04, 2012, 02:50:02 PM
In a creative sense, Sega has a number of underutilized IPs that could stand to be rescued and given proper homes should they ever go under. In an economic one, Sonic is the only one actually worth saving since it prints money regardless of quality.
Don't forget Football Manager and Total War.

Foggle

QuoteThe cut off date worldwide has been set for February 2013 11 years after Sega Dreamcast was officially discontinued.

The cut-off date in Japan is even earlier. Yakuza 5 will be the final SEGA 3rd party console release.
I'm not sure as to the validity of this statement, but DAMN. There's absolutely no chance of Yakuza 5 getting translated now... :cry:

Spark Of Spirit

So sad that Sega isn't doing so hot. And they were finally turning it around from their low point of late last gen and early this gen.