PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue

Started by Eddy, April 27, 2012, 03:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

What an original concept!

I guess it can basically be considered Nintendo created a new fighting game genre with Smash Bros. Much like they created a new racing genre with Super Mario Kart. I guess, if anything, Nintendo should be flattered.

Also, I want to be Parappa the Rapper in a fighting game.

But, make no mistake, this is a blatant rip-off.

And no, the name of the game isn't really PlayStation All-Stars to the Rescue but I'm going to keep calling it that.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It's such a an obvious rip-off that they even kept the same player icons and colors assigned to them.

At the same time though, it does look like one of the better knock offs. The stages look a little plain, but its got some potential if that quiz stage indicates anything.

Foggle

I honestly thought this was a port of Smash Bros. until I realized that Princess Peach was too fat.

QuoteGod of War, perhaps the best-looking game on the planet
Oh Zeus, my sides.

That said, while this is obviously a rip-off, it doesn't really bother me. The character roster probably won't even approach that of Nintendo's game(s), and I was never really a fan of their party fighter to begin with, but this still looks like a good enough game. This'll definitely be worth a look if it has Yakuza and Valkyria characters... but it won't.

Spark Of Spirit

So if Sony is only going to clone more popular games and do a lesser job, then why are we buying their systems?

Don't get me wrong, this could be good, but this laziness is just sad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I didn't play much of it, but wasn't Crash Bash on the PS1 a Smash Bros rip off as well? Or was it more of a Mario Party ripoff?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Crash Bash was Mario Party. I think that one and Sonic Shuffle came out around the same time, right after the first Mario Party exploded and opened the doors for those types of games.

Daxdiv

I'm surprised it took them this long to copy Smash Bros. I now await to see how long it takes Microsoft to make one based on their properties.

Spark Of Spirit

If the rabbit from Jumping Flash and Tomba both don't make it in, then the game already fails.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 06:33:38 PM
So if Sony is only going to clone more popular games and do a lesser job, then why are we buying their systems?

Hey if they do it right like how Crash Team Racing was much better than Mario Kart then I won't complain. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 28, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 27, 2012, 06:33:38 PM

Hey if they do it right like how Crash Team Racing was much better than Mario Kart then I won't complain. :sly:
If this was made by Naughty Dog, then sure. But I have my doubts about most of Sony's other teams.

Kiddington

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 28, 2012, 01:22:27 AM
I'm surprised it took them this long to copy Smash Bros. I now await to see how long it takes Microsoft to make one based on their properties.

Well, if they do, surely it'll me Banjo and Kazooie would be involved.

That can't be all bad... right?  :>

Foggle

The Microsoft roster would be so bad.

Master Chief
Marcus Phoenix
Banjo
Joanna Dark
Conker
Blinx
Alan Wake
NFL Quarterback
The kid from Grabbed By The Ghoulies

That's all I can come up with.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on April 29, 2012, 08:13:19 PM
The Microsoft roster would be so bad.

Master Chief
Marcus Phoenix
Banjo
Joanna Dark
Conker
Blinx
Alan Wake
NFL Quarterback
The kid from Grabbed By The Ghoulies

That's all I can come up with.
Alan Wake? If they put Battletoads in the game then I'm using my copies of all the Super Smash Bros. games I don't have as frisbies and then proceed to playing Bill Gates Smash for the rest of my life.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Quote from: FoggleBlinx

I'm pretty sure Microsoft (and probably mostly everyone on earth) have forgotten that Blinx even exists.

Spark Of Spirit

Rare hate Battletoads, man. They pretty much try to forget they even exist.