PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue

Started by Eddy, April 27, 2012, 03:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 29, 2012, 08:24:48 PM
Rare hate Battletoads, man. They pretty much try to forget they even exist.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Rare of today anyway. All that's left of them is two guys and a hamster on a wheel.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on April 29, 2012, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: FoggleBlinx

I'm pretty sure Microsoft (and probably mostly everyone on earth) have forgotten that Blinx even exists.

For being the defacto mascot of the Xbox (for like a year), Microsoft sure didn't push very hard when it came to marketing Blinx.

...of course, there really wasn't much there to push, so I guess that goes without saying.

Daxdiv

Spark Of Spirit

RogueFanKC is a cool guy. He was my partner in TZ's Brawl tourney!

*Looks up two posts* Siiigh... Give it up. :srs:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Someone actually made an interesting point in that thread; will Solid Snake make an appearance as a playable character? While he was already in Brawl, Metal Gear Solid is a Playstation exclusive at this point, so it only makes sense...

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:17:14 AM
*Looks up two posts* Siiigh... Give it up. :srs:

It's the single most mindless console cheerleading I've ever seen from anyone. Ever.

His fanboyism is just so pathetic at this point, it's not even funny anymore.

Foggle

Oh, Takao.

QuoteIt'll also be an eye opener to those who thought the "X" button was pronounced like the letter! (It's supposed to be pronounced "Cross").
This fucking guy. I've never met anyone who pronounces it "cross." And who even cares, really?

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 12:28:17 AM
This fucking guy. I've never met anyone who pronounces it "cross." And who even cares, really?

SONY IS LIFE

THESE THINGS MATTER  >_<

Spark Of Spirit

It's a wholesale ripoff of Super Smash Bros. that's going to bomb because it offers nothing original. It's basically the physical embodiment of Sony in game form.

I have no idea how you could actively be hyped for this unless you outright hate Nintendo. At most I could see passive apathy.

And it's pronounced 'X'. He's mixing it up with Japan's Vs games (which came out AFTER the PS1 controller) which coined the phrase.

Daxdiv

Speaking of which, I was surprised to learn that the X-Nauts in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was pronounced Cross-Nauts? To this I questioned... when did the letter X become a way to pronounce cross? Does this mean all those years I had a PS1 and PS2 that I was supposed to call the X button the Cross Button?

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:31:30 AM
It's a wholesale ripoff of Super Smash Bros. that's going to bomb because it offers nothing original. It's basically the physical embodiment of Sony in game form.

I have no idea how you could actively be hyped for this unless you outright hate Nintendo. At most I could see passive apathy.

And it's pronounced 'X'. He's mixing it up with Japan's Vs games (which came out AFTER the PS1 controller) which coined the phrase.

Well this much is obvious, but I suppose that goes without saying.

IIRC, he was excited for PS Move as well. It doesn't take much.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:31:30 AM
It's a wholesale ripoff of Super Smash Bros. that's going to bomb because it offers nothing original.
The Move did just fine, didn't it? And unlike Kinect, the Move is literally just a Wiimote with a ball on the end.

Never underestimate the power of Sony fanboys.

Spark Of Spirit

Move was actually a failure. Kinect was a success.

That's why I always say, learn from others and do the opposite to compete. Microsoft did this. Sony didn't.

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 30, 2012, 12:32:23 AM
Speaking of which, I was surprised to learn that the X-Nauts in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was pronounced Cross-Nauts? To this I questioned... when did the letter X become a way to pronounce cross? Does this mean all those years I had a PS1 and PS2 that I was supposed to call the X button the Cross Button?
Think of it this way:

Square button = Square
Triangle button = Triangle
Circle button = Circle
X button = ... Cross?

It doesn't follow.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:36:49 AM
Move was actually a failure.
Good. I hope PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue also fails.