PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue

Started by Eddy, April 27, 2012, 03:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 12:39:56 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:36:49 AM
Move was actually a failure.
Good. I hope PlayStation All-Stars To The Rescue also fails.
I was considering getting it cheap, but then I figured why would I want inferior motion controls on games that weren't built for them? Honestly, it was a bad product. It deserved what it got.

As for this game? It will bomb. Sony's first party games have been pretty dismal in sales this gen. There's probably no market for it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

GUYS

IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING

(I'm convinced that this is the pure embodiment of Takao in human form)

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:42:04 AM
I was considering getting it cheap, but then I figured why would I want inferior motion controls on games that weren't built for them? Honestly, it was a bad product. It deserved what it got.
The only worthwhile Move games are No More Heroes and House of the Dead: Overkill. :lol:

Quote from: Kiddington on April 30, 2012, 12:43:37 AM
IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwn4R_GexLM

Kiddington

Daxdiv

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 12:47:23 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 12:42:04 AM
The only worthwhile Move games are No More Heroes and House of the Dead: Overkill. :lol:
Which is hilarious because the motion controls are actually worse.

IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING
I still can't believe they got away with this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 30, 2012, 12:50:42 AM
Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 12:47:23 AM
IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING

That was my favorite video of last year. Wow, it's actually been a year since the PSN Hack. Feels weird man.

Ah, it feels like only yesterday that I was patiently waiting for PSN to sort its shit so I could get a PSN card and download Aracana Heart 3 already. Good times, good times.

Commode

I can't believe people are giving this game so much attention(look at how many pages it has on NeoGAF, and how it's actual discussion instead of mocking).  This should be one of those games that after a few months of it being out you see it in the bargain bin in the middle of the aisle at Wal-Mart.  Don't understand why people like to revel in mediocrity, and if this is the most anticipated game of the year for PS3, then it doesn't give me much hope for the system.

I remember when people were excited for that Cartoon Network game that was also a Smash Bros. ripoff.  Oh, how wrong they were.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: Comeau on April 30, 2012, 06:19:34 AM
Don't understand why people like to revel in mediocrity, and if this is the most anticipated game of the year for PS3, then it doesn't give me much hope for the system.
Outside of HD collections, the only Xbox/PS3 exclusives I can even think of this year are this game and Halo 4...

It's sad because I really like my PS3. It has a lot of good games, despite what memes may say about it. But Sony is completely incompetent.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So Desensitized, how does this make you feel?

I don't get how they can resurrect someone as awesome as Sir Dan and then balance it out with someone as retarded as New Dante.

Rynnec

QuoteDante (DmC)

This game is fucking dead to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, maybe its because Capcom wouldn't allow them to use classic Dante since they want to promote the new DmC reboot. I just feel like a choice like that has far more to do with Capcom than Sony. I know its Sony who owns this game but just like with Nintendo they can't use characters owned by other established companies if those companies don't want them to. In this case they were probably told by Capcom that they could only use the new Dante, since if it were up to Sony I'm pretty sure that they would realize the backlash that the new DmC has been getting so far, and at the same time they have to know that DMC1 and 3 were among the best action games to be released on the PS2, and both sold really well at the respective times of their debuts. That's just a theory of mine, anyways.

Geezer

Wow, that IS a shameless Smash Bros. ripoff.  Well done, Sony.  ::)

Also, how the hell did they decide to make a game like this and (according to rumors) leave out Crash Bandicoot? Crash was their answer to Mario/Sonic back in the day, I'm pretty sure he'd qualify as a "PlayStation All-Star" by anyone's definition.

Commode

Does Sony even have the rights to include Crash in the game?  That could be a reason.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, the Crash IP is owned by Naughty Dog, not Sony. Of course, I don't see why Naughty Dog would object to giving Sony the rights to feature Crash in their game, so the exclusion of the character is still left up to mystery.