Sonic & Sega All Star Racing Transformed

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 30, 2012, 01:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That's right, it's sequel time!

So what's new?

Well in a nod to Diddy Kong Racing, there are three styles of play. Hovercraft style play (similar to Hydro Thunder), traditional racing (with OutRun-style drifting and Mario Kart weapons) and plane racing similar to.. well, you know.

Also, new characters were confirmed:
Vyse (Skies Of Arcadia)
Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
Vectorman (Vectorman)
Ristar (Ristar)
and the final unlockable should "really please Sega fans" (It's gotta be Segata Sanshiro)

But there are apparently more to come (Here's hoping for Axel and Blaze, G and Washington, and Joe Musashi) There is also a Panzer Dragoon level in the preview. Also, the lead level designer for Blur is apparently helping with this game. Every track will be unique this time, so no three different Monkey Ball stages with the same backdrop.

It's also coming to every platform short of the original Wii (sorry guys) with a Wii-U version most likely to be announced at E3.

Edit: also, rumor according to TSSZ:

QuoteWe also know characters like Bayonetta, Kazuma from Yakuza, Joe Musashi from Shinobi, and some classic Phantasy Star and Valkyria Chronicles representation were also considered, but we do not know what of that, if any, made the cut.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Here's the announcement trailer.

I thought the first one was decent, so I'll probably play this one as well. As far as new characters go, I'm hoping Blaze makes it in.

Spark Of Spirit

I really enjoyed the original. It was pretty much the best non-Mario Kart game in the genre since Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing.

Here's hoping Nintendo actually ponies up an exclusive character this time. (Diddy would make the most sense, but you know...)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 01:30:01 PM
QuoteWe also know characters like Bayonetta, Kazuma from Yakuza, Joe Musashi from Shinobi, and some classic Phantasy Star and Valkyria Chronicles representation were also considered, but we do not know what of that, if any, made the cut.
My hype just died down immensely.

Spark Of Spirit

Richard Jacques is also doing the soundtrack. Lord Dalek has just died.

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 30, 2012, 01:30:01 PM
My hype just died down immensely.
I was more worried there were no mention of House Of The Dead or Streets Of Rage characters! HOTD even had 3 stages in the last game! Where's my Ice Cream Truck?

Foggle

Oh man, the ice cream truck with Agent G and Isaac Washington... I'd buy the game for that alone. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

I hope for some more Classic Sega tracks and some killer remixes. The soundtrack in the original was great, but it has the potential to rival Brawl's.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's the game in motion.

The game looks pretty great! Here's hoping for even crazier looking courses, since it looks like there will be 20 tracks in total. There is also looking to be 27 characters.

Kiddington

Kart Racers are a dime a dozen (M&M's Racing anyone?  :awesome:), but this was probably the first new installment in quite some time to actually get it right. Combine the fact with Sega having a large enough cast of characters to work with, and it's a good fit for a sequel.

Definitely looking forward to it.

Eddy

I hope they add Bayonetta in a car made of hair.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I want Maximillion in a comically undersized Batomys-styled kart.

Spark Of Spirit

Four-player split screen online (For EVERY mode) confirmed.

Yep, even Grand Prix.

I hope Nintendo is keeping track of this for the next Mario Kart.

Spark Of Spirit

Joe Musashi confirmed for racing! (Also a sweet Golden Axe track)

All I need now is Ristar and I'm set!

EDIT: Oh yeah-

Wii-U version confirmed!

Spark Of Spirit

I also forgot to mention that there's a new Jet Set Radio track where apparently the Rudies are fighting the police and in the final lap the army comes in and starts bombing the track. Sounds crazy.

Oh yeah, and Shadow was confirmed.

Daxdiv