G4 Officially Re-Branded

Started by Silverstar, December 08, 2012, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

According to IGN, the re-branding of G4 is now official. The channel will henceforth be known as.......

The Esquire Channel.

Apparently, NBC Universal plans to make the channel appeal to "the untapped metrosexual demographic". Shows will focus on cooking, travel, fashion, & some gaming.

Yeah, this'll work. The metrosexual fad is kind of over, isn't it? Like , for half a decade now? Wasn't Bravo supposed to be the metrosexual channel a few years back? Thing is, most guys who spend their time moisturizing, accessorizing and working on their hot bods at the gym don't watch a lot of TV. It's an untapped market for a reason.

I don't see this format faring any better than the TV for Gamers one did.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Foggle

Goldstar

Metrosexuals? Is that still a thing? I thought that fad ended years ago. Also, I find it difficult to believe that there's a wider audience for metrosexuals than there is for gaming/techno geeks. I know that there are more than a few asexuals (like myself) out there, but I also know that we're much too narrow a market to have a cable channel devoted to us. I liked the idea of there being a tech channel, as well as a science fiction channel. Too bad those markets were too niche to stay afloat for more than a few years.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Daxdiv

MY SIDES ARE HURTING ME FROM ALL THIS LAUGHING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Daikun

That's a weird way to go. Who would want to compete with Bravo, of all things? Why not some bigger prey? Spike TV had at least a few interesting shows on it. Bravo is a dumping ground for fashion shows.

Avaitor

And occasionally a decent movie or two. I caught Unforgiven on there a while ago.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2012, 11:30:08 AMAnd occasionally a decent movie or two. I caught Unforgiven on there a while ago.

On Spike or Bravo?

If Bravo, how the hell did that happen?

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on December 09, 2012, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2012, 11:30:08 AMAnd occasionally a decent movie or two. I caught Unforgiven on there a while ago.

On Spike or Bravo?
Bravo.

And your guess is as good as mine.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You find that baffling? That's nothing. I remember a few years ago I was flipping through channels and somehow found Goodfellas palying on Lifetime. Now try to wrap your heads around that. :sly:

Avaitor

Nothing can top the time Enchanted aired on SyFy.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2012, 10:19:48 PMNothing can top the time Enchanted aired on SyFy.

Eh, it's fantasy. Close enough.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody