DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Gotham's still dumb as balls, but BD Wong plays the best Hugo Strange that we're ever going to get.

Spark Of Spirit

They keep mentioning Hub City all season and now they're there. So where is the freaking Question already?  :thinkin:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Kevin Smith and the writer of Thor did a great job with this episode of The Flash.

Spark Of Spirit

The Arrow crew is making up for the repetitiveness of the last part of season 3 here. The last few episodes have been really great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Great, now with this and Person of Interest ending, I don't need to tune into CBS for anything.

Though now with there being FOUR shows, CW isn't going to have a lot of space.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Good. CBS was awful to deal with. They are the only basic cable network that I know of to charge people a subscription fee to stream new episodes of their shows online. Not only that, but their net coding is awful and videos often have to stop for buffering or just outright freeze. Meanwhile, CW's streaming app runs near perfectly as long as you have a moderately decent Internet connection, and recently they have cut way down on ads during episode streams.

Dr. Insomniac

I wonder if that means Felicity will start hopping universes to show up on Supergirl.

Avaitor

I'm worried that this might be the end of Cat Grant. I've heard that Calista Flockhart has no interest in switching to Canada for production.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, Captain Cold's sacrifice probably would have meant more if The CW hadn't already announced that he would be appearing in multiple DC shows next season.

Spark Of Spirit

Probably. But it did give Mick a chance to be awesome, so I can't quite disparage it.

Dr. Insomniac

While it was a cool first part to the finale, I really wish we got more of a look at Zoom's army. One of the highlights for season 2 was getting to see the show indulge in the Silver Age aesthetic and have goofy-looking supervillains on a regular basis, and I was saddened to only get a good view of a couple of them in this episode. Not to say Black Siren wasn't good, but when there was at least one Thanagarian in the background and you don't do anything with that, come on.

Liked how Cisco just happened to have Reverb and Killer Frost costumes though.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm really digging Arrow season 4. This was a good first part of the finale and I can't wait to see how it ends. The Anarchist was an excellent addition to the season. Arrow needs more villains like him.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 18, 2016, 11:54:44 PMLiked how Cisco just happened to have Reverb and Killer Frost costumes though.
Of course he did. He made them.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, of course. What would be the point of rescuing the show and bringing it to the CW line-up if they weren't already planning to take full advantage of their rich content-pool and do a mega crossover? It was so obvious that it practically goes without saying. Definitely looking forward to it.