Third Person Shooters

Started by gunswordfist, September 01, 2014, 02:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

This thread should have been made a long time ago. My favorites from last gen are:

3. Gears Of War
2. Tomb Raider Legend
1. Mass Effect 2 (also my favorite RPG from last gen)

I have yet to beat Max Payne 3 and haven't played Vanquish or any of the Gears sequels.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

A lot of people seem to like Gears 2 the best, which I have never understood. Much like Halo 2, I personally find it to be the weakest game in the series. I thought that Gears 3 is the best one so far, although I still haven't finished Judgement, only because I lent it to my older brother and have since forgotten to get it back from him.

gunswordfist

Sounds good.

I somehow forgot Red Dead Redemption. I'm not sure if I like it more the Tomb Raider Legend. Also, I need to get around to playing the new Tomb Raider. Legend is easily my favorite so far.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You never mentioned Alan Wake, either (from the Max Payne 1 & 2 devs). Have you played that one, yet? It's my personal favorite TPS of last-gen next to Vanquish.

gunswordfist

I haven't played Alan Wake. I keep on forgetting its supposed to be a TPS. I have never seen gameplay from it (maybe like a few seconds, for some reason, idk). I just remember some old cutscenes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's basically Remedy's take on a horror game. Granted that, it's not really scary since there is a lot of action and the guns are honestly quite powerful, but it's still very atmospheric, has a story that's actually well-written and not pretentious drivel, and has such solid mechanics that it's arguably at least as good as Vanquish, and certainly better than any other TPS that I've played this gen.

gunswordfist

are jet force gemini and duke nukem zero hour n64's greatest third person shooters?