The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 19, 2013, 06:43:10 PM
I forget, is the XBOX ONE still not backwards compatible, and does it still block used games? Because, if so, then I hope it fucking burns in hell. I'm not a Sony fan by any means, but I'd still rather get a PS4 than an XBOX ONE. And I say this as someone who genuinely prefers the XBOX360 over the PS3, and who doesn't care for most of Sony's exclusives.

If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft scrapped that idea, and won most of their fans hearts again. Don't quote me on that though. I recall Angry Joe being pleased at something they finally let sink into their heads.

In any case, with that being said, I'm still not going to get a Xbox 1, at least not at this point, and while I do plan on getting a ps4, I will wait about 6 months to a year before I get mine. Just to see if something needs to be worked out (I'm seeing something along the lines of a blue ring of death).

Whoops Comeau beat me to it (my laptop suddenly re-booted >_>)

Spark Of Spirit

The 360 had Condemned and that's about it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Yeah, most (if not all) of the XBOne DRM was scrapped. Still not really interested, though. I plan on getting a Wii U and PS4 eventually, but I've become an extremely casual gamer over the past half year, so those purchases are probably years away for me.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 19, 2013, 07:23:37 PM
CoD 2 as well IIRC. But neither of those games were exclusives.

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on November 19, 2013, 07:10:30 PM
The only game I can remember from the 360's launch is Call of Duty 2.

Did anyone care about the franchise before Modern Warfare?
PC gamers loved the first two.

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on November 19, 2013, 07:25:39 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 19, 2013, 07:23:37 PM
CoD 2 as well IIRC. But neither of those games were exclusives.

Those two, plus Quake IV.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I heard that the XBOX360 version of Quake IV was ass, though.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

So going on my usual forum rounds tonight, I can't help but notice that on every forum I visit, the PS4 topics are still pretty active, and the XBO threads? Not even on the first page anymore, despite the system coming out today/last night. Honestly, I think TZ is the only place I've seen where anyone's discussing it. Also reading articles saying that at launch events, the crowd turnout was nowhere near the levels of PS4's and that a lot of the Kinects weren't responding well?

If so, yeesh.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm just glad people were smart enough to see intrusive DRM and turn their backs to it.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 22, 2013, 10:04:36 PM
I'm just glad people were smart enough to see intrusive DRM and turn their backs to it.

This will probably be one of the reasons as to why I won't get a XBONE. Maybe a PS4, but I need some convincing down the line for that. I'm just thinking of getting a used PS3 for now.

Kiddington

It's funny how indifferent I was to the Wii U really until the next two came about, particularly the XBone.

I mean, I would've gotten one at some point anyway, but this made my decision so much easier (as well as faster, my original plan was to wait a bit longer). Well, that and 3D World of course, which I absolutely must have.

King Hippo

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 19, 2013, 08:16:02 PM
I heard that the XBOX360 version of Quake IV was ass, though.
It had a fairly choppy framerate, but it was playable. I loved it.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on November 22, 2013, 08:49:30 PM
So going on my usual forum rounds tonight, I can't help but notice that on every forum I visit, the PS4 topics are still pretty active, and the XBO threads? Not even on the first page anymore, despite the system coming out today/last night. Honestly, I think TZ is the only place I've seen where anyone's discussing it. Also reading articles saying that at launch events, the crowd turnout was nowhere near the levels of PS4's and that a lot of the Kinects weren't responding well?

If so, yeesh.
I've also heard rumors that the Xbone gives players temp bans if they curse and swear too much. As in, this thing can actually detect your words and record them.

Yikes.

Also, for all of MS blustering it runs natively at 720p, while the PS4 is 1080p.

Daikun