Video Game Disappointments

Started by talonmalon333, April 30, 2015, 02:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, that's a fair assessment. We will always be most disappointed by the franchises that we're most attached to. Since I didn't grow up playing BK, N&B obviously didn't hit me as hard as it would for Banjo fans at the time.

It's the same for something like DMC2, which I despise, but which I played when DMC3 and 4 were already out, so I couldn't really call it a disappointment since I could easily just move on from it.

Meanwhile, if someone like Talon were to play NG3 from the get-go without having an attachment to the series like I do, he might dislike the game but probably wouldn't understand why I hate it with a burning passion after having been a massive NG fan for years.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 03, 2015, 01:34:00 PM
The end of Banjo-Tooie blatantly said they were working on Banjo-Threeie, so what else could it have been?

Probably a planned game that they intended to make after Tooie, which was many years before Nuts and Bolts.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on May 03, 2015, 02:06:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgIGmYv-sY

Thread over.
Do you know it's been about as long between Tooie and N&B's releases as it has been between N&B and Yooka Laylee's planned release date?

Is it any wonder fans were annoyed? They've been waiting for a new mainline franchise game for near two decades.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

It's been 15 years since Tooie. Jak & Daxter was a good substitute, but it's also been 14 years since that game. I've been waiting a long time for this day to finally come...

gunswordfist

Jeez, they're only a year apart...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody