Computer Games you used to play when you were a kid

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, May 22, 2011, 02:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomysterion X. Prime

I saw someone talking about this at another forum I go to, and I thought that it may be a fun idea to ask all of you about computer games you used to play when you were a kid.

For me, I used to have fond memories of playing such games like Reader Rabbit, Math Blaster, the Jump Start games, and some of Humongous Entertainment's games (Putt-Putt, Let's Explore with Buzzy, Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Backyard Sports, etc.) when I was back at the collaborative and elementary school, among some others I forgot about ages ago.

How about you, are there any computer games you played when you were little?

Commode

I remember playing most of those, either on my own or with my little brother once he came along.

For me though, I think the most memorable ones were the MECC games(Oregon Trail, Number Munchers), certain Atari games(I remember playing a lot of Missile Command on my elementary school's computers), and the Windows Entertainment Pack games(Ski-Free, Rodent's Revenge, Jezz Ball, and my favorite of the bunch, Chip's Challenge).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

DinoPark Tycoon.

The ultimate troll of a game that we all kept coming back to at my school. It was on their computer system because it teaches "money management", or something like that. We all played it, we all sucked at it (it was freaking HARD, let me tell you), and yet, we never got tired of it.

Not sure how I would handle something like this today, if I could play it (not being a kid anymore). I think I'd still probably suck at it, though. It really was that hard; mostly because it was so damn cheap. You didn't get nearly enough money to run your park with, the dinosaurs were ALWAYS FUCKING HUNGRY, and they'd always escape. It really is the cheapest game ever. I'm not even sure why we all liked it; must have been some kind of masochist mentality at work there.

gunswordfist

"You have died of dysentery"

All I remember is Oregon Trail and The Magic School Bus. Oh and Chip's Adventure.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I honestly don't remember my family ever surviving Oregon Trail. We all got some kind of sickness before long. I don't even think that there was an ending, that all you did was die.

Damned if I didn't enjoy playing that game, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I'm actually curious about Oregon's Trail, did anyone else ever play as the other jobs? I remember that everyone in my grade went with the 1st option because it started off with more money than the rest, despite the fact that it is the farthest away from Oregon.

As for other games, I remember playing an Animaniacs game that had a lot of mini games in it, like a Mini-golf and one where Yakko was riding a bike in it. I had fun when I played it.

Spark Of Spirit

Geez, did anyone not play Oregon Trail as a kid? I actually think I might have made it to the end once.

Also remembering playing Warcraft (not the MMO), Diablo, and Starcraft. I can't believe how far Blizzard has gone since then.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Most memorable experience ever for me in computer gaming... nearly making it to the very end of Oregon Trail (like mere pixels from the Whilamette Valley) before dying of cholera.

I HATE THAT GAME!!!!