Disney's Epic Mickey

Started by Eddy, April 04, 2012, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I figured I'd make a thread for this series. The original Wii game had some issues but it seems like Epic Mickey 2 (which will also be available on PS3 and 360) is going to be resolving those problems as well as introducing co-op play where player two can control Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. The game is also going to be a musical.

There's also a 3DS game in the works called "Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion", which is a spiritual sequel to the classic game Castle of Illusion. In this game Mickey enters a wasteland of forgotten Disney video games. Sounds awesome if you ask me.

Epic Mickey's techincal problems and crappy camera kind of made me lose interest in the game but I'm getting pretty excited for these sequels if they really are fixing the issues.

I still need a 3DS.

Spark Of Spirit

Mickey has been extremely fortunate when it came to videogames...... Until last gen, anyway.

Just list 'em:

Castle Of Illusion (8-bit)
Castle Of Illusion (16-bit)
Land Of Illusion
Legend Of Illusion
World Of Illusion
Magical Quest
Magical Quest 2
Magical Quest 3
Mickey Mania
Epic Mickey

That's some great stuff. There was a lot of potential going to waste, and I'm glad to see Disney has made an effort to bring back the quality they used to have for him.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Epic Mickey 2 footage. Looks fun... not really digging the muted color palette, though. Also, the frame rate and some of the animations seem pretty off at times.

The 3DS game, on the other hand, looks amazing.

Avaitor

Check these out.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to see all of these come out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/