"Groundhog Day" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Kiddington, February 02, 2012, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

He's having the day of his life... over and over again.

Release Date: 2/12/1993
Studio: Columbia
Director: Harold Ramis
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
Starring: Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, Chris Elliott

Plot Summary: Misanthropic TV weatherman Phil Connors is annoyed and despondent when he's assigned the job of covering the annual Groundhog festivities in the small town of Punxsutawney, making this his fourth in a row (the only noticeable upside to the assignment is his attractive and good-natured producer, Rita). The real nightmare begins, however, when Phil ends up reliving the same day (Groundhog Day) over, and over, and over again. Unable to leave the town due to a severe blizzard, and with no end in sight, Phil struggles to find a way to escape (and ultimately make the best of) his seemingly hopeless situation.

COMMENTS?

Figured this was appropriate.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I liked this movie. I haven't seen in in years, but I thought it was an interesting concept and it was quite amusing for what it was. I love Bill Murray's signature sarcasm and somewhat witty humor, and overall the movie is pretty entertaining, maybe worth a re-watch in the future. That's pretty much all I really have to say about it, though. Its not necessarily a great movie, but I think its definitely a good one.

Spark Of Spirit

I love this movie.

It can get a bit depressing at times, but the ending is well worth the journey.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

One of the best comedies of the 90s easily.

BTW: great job on the talkback, almost makes up for the bad taste in my mouth left by the latest Spider-man debacle at TZ.