Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

They're closer than you think.

Release Date: November 23, 2011
Studio: Disney
Director: James Bobin
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Starring: Amy Adams, Jason Segel, Chris Cooper

Plot Summary: When 3 muppet fans learn that Tex Richman wants to drill under the muppet theater for oil Gary, Mary and Walter set out to find the muppets who have been split up for years Kermit lives in his own mansion depressed in hollywood, Gonzo is a high class plumber at Gonzo's Royal Flush, Fozzie performs with a tribute band called The Moopets , Miss Piggy is the plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, and Animal is at a celebrity anger managment rehab center in Santa Barbara.

COMMENTS?

Anyone see it yet? I'm trying to this weekend. Cannot wait.

The Kid better not fuck this up. Otherwise I'll lawyer his ass.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Commode

Just got out of this, and I think it was pretty good.  It started off a little slow, giving us the back story of Walter, who for the most part is a pretty boring character, but once it got going it flowed pretty well.  I didn't really feel the villian too much either, he was pretty cliched(kinda reminded me of the Steve Martin villian in LT: BIA), but I guess you can't ask for a more serious villian for something like The Muppets.

Some shameless self promotion for Disney in the film though; the same Cars 2 billboard appeared in at least half a dozen shots, and it's not like they were subtle, the damn thing was near dead center of the screen.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Oh, I finally got to see this earlier today. Unfortunately, the friend I went to see it with was a little late, so we missed the opening Toy Story cartoon, but came in just as the movie started. She also got a very serious call right near the end, so we didn't get to enjoy the last few minutes as much as we should have.

That said, I really liked it. If the call in question wasn't so fucking heartbreaking, I'd be willing to go in greater detail about what I liked with the movie. But it's easily the best Muppet project since The Muppet Christmas Carol. I guess that's a funny thing to say though since they completely disregard everything after Henson's death (which is funny, since Selena Gomez had a cameo in it, and she was in one of those godawful Disney Channel Muppet specials a few years ago).

I do agree that Walter was a bit bland as a character, but I wasn't expecting much from him to begin with. Jason Segel and Amy Adams' characters weren't a whole lot better themselves, but I thought their story was sweet and added well enough to the story. Thankfully it wasn't overdone and the Muppets got to be the real star of the movie as they should be. The songs were also pretty good, or at least as good as you'd expect from a Muppet movie, and the cameos were true to form for the Muppets. Besides Jack Black and Zach Galifianakis, I really liked seeing Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Radnor during the telethon and dug seeing Mickey Rooney and Shelley Duvall in the first song for whatever reason.

Speaking of those crappy Disney Channel specials, I'll share this anyway. Fucking lucky Beaker...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on November 29, 2011, 07:55:38 PM
Speaking of those crappy Disney Channel specials, I'll share this anyway. Fucking lucky Beaker...

Damn right he's lucky as he got the most interactions with anyone on RAW on Halloween. One with Sheamus and the other with Santino Marella. They happen to be some of my superstars. Kind of made me wonder why there wasn't a cameo by a current WWE person.

Saw it earlier today and I thought it was the best thing with the Muppets in them. I thought the plot with Walter was decent enough, didn't end up hating him like I thought the angle of showing the Muppets what they were doing after the end of the Muppet show was played nice. The Kermit/Miss Piggy plot was nicely handled and I loved the Muppet Human gag and the montage gag where they collected every other Muppet out there.

Also loved some of the cameos like Zack Galafanakis, Rico Rodriguez, Ken Jeong, Jim Parson, and Neil Patrick Harris. Didn't consider Jack Black a real cameo since he was a part of the plot.

Avaitor

I'm finally picking up a copy of this on Blu since it's on sale this week at Target and still has the sampler disc with episodes of the show in it. Because I'm in kind of a Muppets mood, I wanna rank all of the films on here from best to worst.

The Muppet Movie
A Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppets
The Great Muppet Caper
Muppes Take Manhattan
Muppet Treasure Island
Muppets from Space

It's funny that I put 2 post-Henson films above his last two movies, but those two are just really fun.

New blog!

Commode

I'd probably agree with that list.

I've seen the movie like six times now(it was played on the ship several times; I also saw that Chipwrecked movie more times than I wanted to), so I haven't bought the Blu-Ray/DVD. 

Spark Of Spirit

They have all the movies cheap at Walmart now and I'll probably pick up a few even if I haven't seen them other than Christmas Carol in such a long time. MTM is on Netfilx though, and that was great to see again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, Target has all the movies and the sets for cheap now too. If I could afford it, I would get one or two of the season sets along with the movie.

New blog!

Commode

I have the first season in a box somewhere at home.  I'm not really a fan of the first season though.

Avaitor

I do wish that they'd rerelease the first season with the missing footage in the episodes, but that'll probably never happen.

I also wish we could get the last two seasons out already. Whenever that'll happen.

New blog!

Angus

This made the rounds on my DVD this past weekend. Crazy nostalgia. And it had a lot of musical songs. They even bothered to translate Swedish Chef! It does make you pine for The Muppet Show series. You know they're doing something right with the kids when your little pup starts prepping you (aka spoilers) on what happens next.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Angus

Apparently they liked it so much, I now have it in my collection.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle