"Prometheus" Talkback (spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, June 07, 2012, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

lol toonzone drama.  I'm done caring about what anyone on the site thinks, so all of this is funny to me.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just saw it. Other than the plot getting a little muddled and clustered toward the end and the fact that most of the crew save for  Shaw, David, and the captain are mostly just fodder to be killed off, I really liked it. Its not as strong a film as Alien nor is it as philosophical as previews may lead you to believe, but its an incredibly effective atmospheric sci-fi thriller. Also, if you're a fan of Alien then you'll just love all of the clear nods that this film gives to that movie, especially 2 particular little subtleties that tie in really well with the first Alien film if you're paying attention. And of course there's a not so subtle scene at the end that its an obvious lead-in to Alien, but I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet.

If you're on the fence on whether to spend money to see this movie in theaters or not, I'd personally recommend seeing it as I think its worth it. Just don't expect it to be a downright classic like Alien. At the very least I can still say with certainty that its better than any summer blockbuster that we've already gotten or will get down the line this year, barring The Avengers (of course) and hopefully The Dark Knight Rises as well.

Avaitor

I'm not feeling well at all, so we rescheduled our plans to see it to later in the week. Glad you liked it, though. I hope I do too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/