Let's Play's

Started by Grave, December 12, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grave

1st topic.

I know I'm not the only one to watch them, although I have been taking a step back from them as well. But for the most part the only let's play I watch come from Vash12349 and Max (YoVideogames/Miles923 and even then that was only for his DmC playthrough) and that's because they're funny. As far as watching for pointers and whatnot, if I can find someone with videos with no commentary then I'd go for them because I don't want to hear obnoxiousness or unnecessary stuff for trying to get pointers, but for the most part I only watch for the funny stuff.

That's for single player stuff. Multiplayer, or should I say fighting game purposes, there are quite a few that I tune into (especially since folks are trying to make money through twitch)

CrossCounter TV (Excellent Adventures can be hilarious)
Miles923
SSF4Evo
TheShend (3rd Strike goodness)
Sf3lp (3rd Strike goodness)
Klaige (Guilty Gear goodness)
Goldenrody (GG and BB goodness)
XblackvegetaX (high level SSF4 goodness)
GODSGARDEN EUROPE (Kazunoko goodness +high level Japanese players)

So what/who do you watch?

(Also been hearing about Youtube flagging a lot of these channels as well, but I haven't ran into much of these problems yet, although I did see Angry Joe got hit hard, and then YoVideogames got hit as well)

Daikun

I used to do Let's Plays, but I deleted most of them. They were mostly generic Super Mario World ROM hacks, and looking back on them, they just weren't very interesting. Other people on YouTube have done it better than me: Raocow, Proton Jon (although he retired from it), and The Real Ninja Boy, just to name a few.

Another person I'd recommend checking out is Shady Paradox. He did some thorough Let's Plays on realMYST and Myst III. He also recreated Myst III's soundtrack and he's exploring game glitches right now. I also enjoy Spazfox; he plays games while drunk.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also Freeman's Mind.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't watch to many LPs, but I used to watch a lot of Proton Jon and Clement's videos (and occasionally go back to them).

I also watch a lot of videos from Seraphim17 (mostly for his DMC videos), as well as Mythic Tyrant and RC Master (for their Halo videos).

Other than that I'll occasionally watch fighting game matches for whichever fighting game I'm interested in at that particular time (which is mostly EVO videos of SSFIV).

Eddy

The only LPers I watch and follow on a regular basis are the Two Best Friends Play series. Their LPs of Heavy Rain and Silent Hill: Homecoming are hysterical.

Other than that, I don't really pay attention to many aside from maybe watching a few bits and pieces of some videos like Game Grumps.

But I do know that I fucking hate Pewdiepie.

Nel_Annette

Too many. I watch too fucking many. But Two Best Friends Play is my current favorite. Most people can't pull off LPing a brand new game without making it look like they're just view-whoring off the newness of the game rather than actually being interested in it (TheRadBrad  :unimpressed: ). I also used to watch a lot of Mindcrack (not so much anymore, mostly just stick to the Minecraft stuff and that's only for a few of the members), retsupurae, Somecallmejohnny/Super Gaming Bros., Chuggaaconroy and Clement. Used to watch Brain Scratch Comms, but I've come to find over the past year that 75% of the group is incredibly annoying, so yeah.

But PewDiePie is fucking garbage, and I can't see why anyone with a functioning brain would enjoy watching that crap.