"You Only Live Twice" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, October 10, 2012, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

...and "TWICE" is the only way to live!

"This is the price... of failure... Mr. Bond." - Ernst Stavro Blofeld

Release Date: June 13, 1967
Studio: United Artists/EON
Director: Lewis Gilbert
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Sean Connery, Akiko Wakabayashi, Mie Hama, Tetsuro Taamba, Kaarin Dor, and DONALD PLEASANCE as Blofeld

Plot Summary: When an American space capsule is swallowed up by what they believe to be a Russian spaceship, World War 3 nearly breaks out. The British Government, however, suspect that other powers are at work as the space craft went down near Japan. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. is the force behind the theft, as James Bond discovers, but its motives are far from clear, and he must first find out where the captured space capsule is held before America and Russia initiate another world war.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #184

My sentimental favorite Bond, although I can understand why people don't like it that much.

Avaitor

You need a new poster. :P

A step-up from Thunderball, but you sort of tell that Connery was tired here. Still, it's a good one.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Dr. Insomniac

It's epic if you watch it as a grand finale of the loose SPECTRE plot that's been running from Dr. No. At least, until Diamonds Are Forever ruined that idea.