Star Wars: A New Hope - UNCUT

Started by Micki!, November 12, 2012, 09:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

I learned of this just recently..!

The first Star Wars movie, A New Hope, was remade, using 15 second clips made by fans all over the world, and then edited together into the entire feature length movie..!
It varies with styles, and reeks of creativity, and just generally, it's well done, you'll see 2D animation, 3D animation, costumes, parodies, edits, and the occasional acid trips of certain scenes..!

Every fan made only 15 seconds worth of footage, so the longer scenes will suddenly drastically change in style in the middle of whatever happens or through dialogue, its fun seeing how it all fits together..!

Give it a watch, it deserves some credit, this is a fantastic project, that proves how people all over the world can collaborate in a creative effort, even if their part was done in only small 15 second doses..!

Here is the website, it also has the entire movie which can be watched on their site:
http://www.starwarsuncut.com/newhope
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

Oh yeah, I remember you told me about this on Saturday! I'll give it a watch later.

Micki!

Keep in mind that some parts may appear kinda cheap/dull, since it's just fan-made afterall, and not everyone had super cool materials to work with, or maybe just had a particularly boring role to do, but all in all it's still an impressive effort, and it's fun seeing a scene change drastically in the middle of an intense action scene :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'