Moved: The 100 Greatest Contemporary Horror Films (I've Ever Seen)

Started by No-Personality, September 18, 2012, 10:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Hey, Creepshow made it in after all. :P Good call.

And I knew your #1 was going to be ranked as such based off of a previous thread of yours. I just waiting to see how you'd rank the other 99 films.

If there's one film I'd be curious as to how you'd rank it, it's The Abominable Dr. Phibes. Or is that set a little too classically for you? It's certainly bloodier than a fair share of Vincent Price's stuff.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

No-Personality

I haven't seen that film yet. I was collecting all the Vincent Price MGM movies, starting with the 60's films and jumped too far ahead with Theater of Blood and Madhouse and after seeing them, I decided that I didn't like the change from Roger Corman over to Amicus/UA. I liked the haunted castle period films and hated the slasher 70's stuff. So, I decided to skip them all. Because there was a full line of those movies: Cry of the Banshee, Oblong Box, Scream and Scream Again, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Phibes and sequel, probably a couple I'm forgetting. Maybe someday if they're on Netflix, I'll check them out.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Ah, fair enough.

I'm reminded that I'd like to make a list of pre-68 horror films to compliment this list. If you'd like to see it, I should do it on here soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Nice! Excellent #1 pick.

I actually don't typically count it as a horror film. More like a thriller akin to Hitchcock's masterpieces. But if I did, it would almost definitely top my list. Glad to see others recognizing it, too.

No-Personality

But, were any of Hitchcock's films supernatural - in the slightest?
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

talonmalon333

Quote from: No-Personality on October 27, 2012, 07:59:51 PM
But, were any of Hitchcock's films supernatural - in the slightest?

I mean it's more like Hitchcock in terms of style, like how it builds suspense.