"From Russia With Love" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 26, 2012, 09:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Meet James Bond, Secret Agent 007.
His new incredible woman... His new incredible enemies... His new incredible adventures...

"There's a saying in England: Where there's smoke, there's fire. " - James Bond

Release Date: October 10, 1963
Studio: United Artists/EON/Danjaq
Director: Terence Young
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Starring: Sean Connery, Pedro Armendariz, Lotte Lenya, Robert Shaw, Bernard Lee, and introducing Daniella Bianchi

Plot Summary: James Bond 007 is on the search for a Russian decoding machine, known as Lektor. Bond needs to find this machine, before the evil SPECTRE organization discovers it first. Whilst being romantically linked with Russian girl, Tatiana Romanova, Bond sneaks his way around Istanbul, whilst each SPECTRE agent tries to pick him off, including the over powering Donald 'Red' Grant and ex-KGB agent Rosa Klebb who knows all the tricks in the books and even possesses an incredible poison tipped shoe!

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #180

Never cared much for this one. Happily things pick up immediately with the next one.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've only watched this film once. I did really like it back when I saw it with my dad, but its been too long since I've seen it to remember anything significant about it. I'll remedy that someday when I marathon through all of the best 007 flicks from my memories, though whether this and other ones will hold up for me as well as I remember them will have to be seen.

Avaitor

Anyone have a couple of minutes to kill?

I love watching these things for old movies sometimes. It sure makes me want to watch it again, which I already did about 2 months ago.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Had this on TV. While it was good, my parents had Skyfall in their memories and felt that Connery wasn't as good as Craig. They thought he was too much of a womanizer, which scenes like the one with the bellydancer can attest.