Lord Dalek

HAS JAMES BOND FINALLY MET HIS MATCH?

James Bond: "Killing Tibbett was a mistake."
Max Zorin: "Then I'm about to make that same mistake twice!"

Release Date: May 24, 1985
Studio: MGM-UA Communications/EON
Director: John Glen
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1 (Panavision)
Starring: Roger Moore, Tanya Roberts, Grace Jones, Patrick Macnee, Christopher Walken

Plot Summary: James Bond has one more mission. Bond returns from his travels in the USSR with a computer chip. This chip is capable of withstanding a nuclear electromagnetic pulse that would otherwise destroy a normal chip. The chip was created by Zorin Industries, and Bond heads off to investigate its owner, Max Zorin. Zorin may only seem like a innocent guilty man, but is really planning to set off an earthquake in San Andreas which will wipe out all of Silicon Valley. As well as Zorin, Bond must also tackle May Day and equally menacing companion of Zorin, whilst dragging Stacy Sutton along for the ride.

COMMENTS?

LD Talkback #202

The Moore-era finally (and mercifully) comes to an end. Although to be fair I actually kinda like this one.

Avaitor

Moore was wayyyy too old to keep on playing the role by this point. He was too old to keep it up in Octopussy as well.

It's a shame that despite having the lengthiest stint and most films (or tied for most, if you count Never Say Never Again), Moore's run was pretty meh all things considered. There's some highlights to be found in the films, but nothing that was really as strong as some of the stuff all the other Bonds got to experience.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

So, what about Never Say Never Again? Or is it too non-canon for the list?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 18, 2012, 05:52:02 PM
So, what about Never Say Never Again? Or is it too non-canon for the list?
Well it is just a remake of Thunderball.

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 18, 2012, 05:52:02 PMSo, what about Never Say Never Again? Or is it too non-canon for the list?

It's not produced by Eon, so despite having Connery back for one last go, it's not really part of the canon.

Aside from being a veeeeeeeeeeeery loose remake of Thunderball, it's also a piece of shit.