Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to lu Onna

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, April 19, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Yeah, Oscar was fine, and well-written for the most part IMO. I can see why people wouldn't like Zenigata having a partner, but 95% of the complaints I see come across as very homophobic to me.

LumRanmaYasha

The only complaints about Oscar that I find legitimate are the ones about him taking a lot of focus away from Zenigatta for a lot of the series. To be honest, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine probably has the single most serious and competent Zenigata I've seen in any installment of the franchise, so if anything, I get the complaints at how un-"Zenigata" like he was in the show, even though I never had an issue with his portrayal, myself. But as far as Zenigata having a partner goes, well, he had Melon Cop in the World's Most Wanted manga before, and that's who I think Oscar was based on anyways, so that was never an issue for me even before Oscar actually grew as a character to justify his place in the show.

LumRanmaYasha

Redline director Takeshi Koike is directing a "continuation spinoff" film of Fujiko Mine centered around Jigen called "Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone." The film will depict how Lupin and Jigen became partners, and will open early this summer.

HELL. YES.  :shakeshakeshake:

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Speedy

Not directly on topic, but you know what needs a re-release?  Castle of Cagliostro.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Speedy on September 08, 2014, 03:30:16 PM
Not directly on topic, but you know what needs a re-release?  Castle of Cagliostro.

It's getting one.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 08, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

It's getting one.
I've noticed you do this every time someone mentions a long neglected/out of print release. Like you know something we don't.

BOY I SURE WOULD LIKE THE ORIGINAL EDITIONS OF THE FIRST STAR WARS MOVIES TO GET RE-RELEASED. DOES ANYONE AGREE.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 08, 2014, 09:28:36 PM
I've noticed you do this every time someone mentions a long neglected/out of print release. Like you know something we don't.

Well, I know what I know.   :humhumhum:

As for the unaltered original trilogy, that would be nice to have on blu-ray. Hopefully that happens sometime.

Avaitor

BOY I SURE WOULD LIKE THE ORIGINAL EDITIONS OF THE FIRST STAR WARS MOVIES TO GET RE-RELEASED. DOES ANYONE AGREE.
Well...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on September 08, 2014, 10:03:26 PM
Well...
:o

Quick, someone think of something else while Avaitor and Cartoon X are here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Speedy

Quote from: Cartoon X on September 08, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

It's getting one.
Yeah I noticed that on Fandom Post but you beat me to it before I could delete my post.   :sweat:
QuoteQuick, someone think of something else while Avaitor and Cartoon X are here.
Ren & Stimpy sets with no cuts?  Tom & Jerry Golden Collection 2 with the two banned shorts intact?  :D

Avaitor

I really do want both of those. I know that R&S isn't the most popular show on here, but I still like enough episodes to want the full, unaltered series, as John K has promised before. And it's about time we got all of Tom & Jerry in full.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/