"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, April 03, 2014, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

This is now my favorite Marvel superhero movie. The reason why? I am a sucker for action movies where the main protagonists are hunted down and never feel safe, whether it is by government agents or robots, which is why Terminator 2 is my 2nd favorite scifi movie. I liked those parts even more than the great climax when they decide to go after Shield/Hydra. I honestly had no idea the movie would be like this. I basically thought the movie was going to be about Winter Soldier popping up and trying to kill everyone, minus him having an army. lol Long live Action Thrillers.

Also, this film made me think of Black Widow is my least favorite Avenger an a kind of ignorable character to my absolute favorite live action non-superpowered hero ever. She was so awesome in this film. I loved how much more personality she had and how she kicked ass with her use of pistols, gadgets and martial arts. Now this is how you do a super spy in a comic book movie.

It was nice to see Cap have the first person he interacted with in this movie be the current Captain American, Sam Wilson/Falcon. The character was decent in this film. Also, this means that The Winter Soldier has the next two Captain Americas that I know of (and all I know by name. In the past there was at least one other) all in one movie. That's pretty damn cool. I need to read Caps modern comics past that Civil War one I read which I hear is not even the end of the arc. Also notably, Cap was hunted down by Shield in Civil War. I wonder if they took that from that story.

Oh and Maria Hill wasn't a bitch again, making her easily the best version of the character yet again, even though she didn't stand out at all. Hell, Agent 13 outshined her easily. But all in all, everyone I mentioned from her to Fury made a great non-superhero team for Cap to be on.

Steve had a nice little fight with GSP. I was of course happy to see Rogers fight the greatest 170 lb. fighter of all time.

Lastly, my only complain is my biggest complaint about MCU overall, they are not that good at making villains interesting. It was so hilariously obviously that Robert Redford would be the main villain that it is not funny. The last time I saw a character like that not be the villain...was in I-Robot. Yeah, the cliche is old. He added nothing new to anything. The Winter Soldier is the 2nd best Marvel villain pretty much by default. Even then I personally consider him to be just a really good henchman. I did like the part where he started to really remember though. I also thought Spark meant that Winter Soldier was going to become a good guy from that post of his I read so I also enjoyed it when it was left up in the air what Bucky was going to do next. I'm looking forward to that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, Winter Soldier is awesome. I have a strong biased love for The First Avenger, but this basically ties with it as my favorite MCU film.

gunswordfist

I actually tried to watch The First Avenger again before it but my brother had the movie and I thought about putting it off (which is why I watched John Wick first) but then I went, "Fuck it." and watched it anyway. :D Hopefully I get to watch Age Of Ultron with him. This film has made me even more excited about seeing it. Hell, I think I like MCU 2 or 3 more times after seeing it. :D

gunswordfist

And I'm happy that I feeling get the "Hail Hydra" meme now. I was cracking up during that part. :D