Racing Games

Started by gunswordfist, January 29, 2015, 09:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Self-explanatory.

What are the best Wipeout and Burnout games?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Speedy

My personal favorites:
-Burnout 3 & Revenge (Paradise was good, but a little too open-ended for my liking)
-Crash Team Racing (and to a lesser extent, Crash Nitro Kart & Crash Tag Team Racing)
-Cruis'n World (much better than USA, simply because of better track variety)
-Diddy Kong Racing
-F-Zero GX
-Hydro Thunder Hurricane
-Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off-Road (though it's not as fun at home without a steering wheel)
-Mario Kart Wii, 7, & 8
-Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (the series's peak.  Aside from debatably the PC version of High Stakes, no NFS game has ever matched this one, although Hot Pursuit II was decent)
-Outrun 2/Outrun Online Arcade
-Power Drift
-Ridge Racer Type 4
-San Francisco Rush & 2049
-Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
-Stunt Race FX (mainly for nostalgia.  I know it's pretty dated)
-Uniracers
-Virtua Racing Deluxe, and the version on Sega Classics Collection
-Wipeout XL, 3, & HD

Spark Of Spirit

OutRun 2 (and all it's spin-offs) and Mario Kart Double Dash!! are my favorite racers by far. Sonic Racing Transformed is pretty awesome, too.

Otherwise, Speedy listed all the greats.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I still play the Need For Speeds, have Rivals for my PS4.  Forza was cool for the customizations, and apparently with the newest update Driveclub is pretty good too.  Sonic Racing Transformed was awesome too(didn't like the first one much), and MK8 was really well done.

As for classics, love Rock N Roll Racing, and of course the Micro Machines game.  Oh, and Road Rash.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on January 29, 2015, 03:52:56 PMAs for classics, love Rock N Roll Racing, and of course the Micro Machines game.  Oh, and Road Rash.
I'm not sure if you saw, but on the Wii U eshop today they released a game very much like Rock N Roll Racing. I haven't heard how good it is yet, but I would hope it is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

i think i played burnout 3. revenge for xbox is my favorite. i want the 360 version,

i didn't even know crash had other racing games.

i really want to play the 64 version of diddy kong racing.

and i will try to check out all those wipeouts.

Speedy

Anyone here played Extreme G and/or Rollcage?  Would you recommend either of them?

gunswordfist

i've been thinking about rollcage. i've only played the demo like 15 years ago so i want to know how the game is myself. they had a lot of experimental driving/racing games back then.

gunswordfist

what are the best jet moto and road rash games?

Spark Of Spirit

From what I remember, 2.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

i thought so. which jet moto had secret level after secret level? i think that was my favorite one. i probably played all 3 for a good amount of time so idk.