Comedy In Games

Started by gunswordfist, April 18, 2013, 09:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

BTW, I forgot to mention House of the Dead: Overkill as one of the game's that I find legitimately funny. Normally I'm not into that kind of humor, to be honest, but for whatever reason it works for me in this game and it made me laugh out loud more than a few times. I guess I'm just weird in what I find funny, though.

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 28, 2013, 12:22:07 PM
BTW, I forgot to mention House of the Dead: Overkill as one of the game's that I find legitimately funny. Normally I'm not into that kind of humor, to be honest, but for whatever reason it works for me in this game and it made me laugh out loud more than a few times. I guess I'm just weird in what I find funny, though.
Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention Overkill in my post. Now THAT might just be the funniest game ever made.

gunswordfist

This thread reminds me that I need to actually play games that are supposed to be funny.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

my funniest games list in no order: mother 3, far cry 3: blood dragon, mortal kombat and battleblock theater.

Foggle

I need to play Battleblock Theater. I keep forgetting that game actually came out.

My funniest games would probably be:

Portal 2
Drakengard 3
Max Payne 2
Banjo-Tooie
The House of the Dead: Overkill

gunswordfist

bbt is a lot of fun and the narrator makes it consistently funny. probably my pick for funniest game overall. oh yeah, vinnie in mp2 is hilarious. add that to my list. lastly, is the drakengard series worth getting in to?

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 25, 2014, 12:34:12 AM
lastly, is the drakengard series worth getting in to?
It really, really depends. The gameplay in them is generally somewhere between bad and average, and certain segments borderline on masochistically difficult. The main appeal is in the bizarre writing and unique music. The lore is amazing and a lot of the fun comes from thinking about how the overall story pieces together. Drakengard is probably one of the hardest video game franchises to get into because the barrier of entry is really high, but if you like weird/well-written stories and want to play a genuinely good art game, it's worth it. That said, while I'd recommend Nier to anyone (which is part of this series despite not bearing the Drakengard name), I don't think you'd like the other games at all, honestly.

Kiddington

Quote from: Kiddington on April 28, 2013, 05:09:57 AM
The only video game I have ever found humorous is Bubsy 3D. /thread

bumping for truth

.....but seriously, the Paper Mario series is probably some of the best comedy I've ever come across in a video game, especially SPM. The gameplay leaves something to be desired, but the writing was absolutely top notch. It's the one thing that keeps me coming back to it every now and again, all these years later.

Speedy

You Don't Know Jack and the fake talk radio stations in the Grand Theft Auto games provide some good laughs.

gunswordfist

spider-man vs. deadpool is the funniest boss fight of all time.

gunswordfist

Peanutbutter

Anyone play Tales From the Borderlands, yet? Because that has a lot of hilarious parts in it.

Foggle

Yep. It was pretty stellar.