Ms. 'Splosion Man

Started by Eddy, July 14, 2011, 01:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

So if you have an Xbox 360 you should get this. From someone who didn't enjoy the first 'Splosion Man very much, I have to say that Ms. 'Splosion Man improves upon it in every way. Each level feels like something new and exciting. This is the game that 'Splosion Man should have been.

I guess you could say I'm having a blast:blush:

Spark Of Spirit

I beat this the day it came out. Fucking awesome game and easily Twisted Pixel's best.

Splosion Man had problems with difficulty. Most hard levels were simply not fun to play through featuring long strings of pinpoint timing or death with no real reaction time for things you couldn't possibly see. While that sometimes happens in Ms. Splosion Man, for the most part it's a non-issue only happening rarely and usually in spots close to checkpoints making it far less tedious. It also increases the replay value because of the smart usage of platforming and some rail gameplay typically giving you a lot of wiggle room to experiment that you simply couldn't do in the original or slip through (One stage I was sliding down a rail and mis-jumped, but instead of falling to my death bypassed a chunk of the level) that most platformers don't offer these days.

That said, whoever designed level 2-2, and the majority of levels starting at 3-12 and later can die in a fire. Every other level was great.

The boss stages are improved, but still not great. Let me just say that the boss of world 2 killed me a lot because I could simply not see where I was on the screen. This is the only time that happened to me in the game. The boss for world 3 features one of my most hated style of gameplay which is a gameplay swap. I also though they should have had less levels per world and more worlds instead of just 3 of them. Also, the ending was not as good as the first game despite being okay more or less. Still, it was a great game and I can't wait to tackle co-op on this.

If you like platformers and have $10 to spare, GET THIS.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton