Mirror's Edge

Started by Daikun, May 24, 2013, 08:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

An interesting Amazon leak (we think?) just trickled down to the rumor mill: Mirror's Edge 2!

Based on the evidence in the article, what do you guys think? Real or fake? If it's real, do you want/need another one?

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Il

For some reason the story in the first game didn't hold much interest for me, but, man, the gameplay was great. This is the first and only game I've played where I've actually experienced vertigo - and I loved it. Missing a jump, you really feel like you're falling with that wind in your ears and the blur of your speedy descent to splatsville. ugh..! Something you don't want do too often as it made me feel slightly queasy. But.. it was a fun kind of queasy.

If real, I might be inclined to get a copy if the price was right. This isn't a title I'd pay big bucks for.

Foggle

Yeah, the story in Mirror's Edge was pretty boring. If the sequel is longer, removes the pointless combat, and has a slightly less headache-inducing color palette, it'll be perfect. ;D

Spark Of Spirit

After every dumb thing EA has done recently, I'd be very wary about any sequel to this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

It's certainly more Mirror's Edge. Not a bad thing at all.

The one improvement over the combat system is that your momentum carries into hits like jump kicks and tackles which allows you to knock them down and keep running. Otherwise it looks like it hasn't changed that much. I just hope it's not as prevalent as it was in the first game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

New videos and gameplay revealed.

Looks like they got rid of that stupid FPS mechanic from the first game. Now you kick enemies instead of running around with a firearm.

Daikun