"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, November 22, 2011, 08:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

"When life gives you lemons, just say 'Fuck the lemons,' and bail."

Release Date: April 18, 2008
Studio: Universal
Director: Nicholas Stoller
Aspect Ratio: 1.37 : 1
Starring: Kristen Bell, Jason Segel, Paul Rudd

Plot Summary: Peter is a composer and a likable sad sack who's devastated when his girlfriend of five years, Sarah Marshall, the star of a cheesy CSI-style crime show, dumps him. He weeps, he rails, he mopes. Finally, his step-brother Brian suggests Hawaii, so Peter heads for a resort on Oahu where, as he's checking in, he sees Sarah and her new beau, Aldous, a polymorphously perverse English rocker. The weeping and moping start again, until Peter is rescued by Rachel, a thoughtful hotel clerk who invites him to a luau and to hang out. Although he constantly runs into Sarah and Aldous, Peter starts to come alive again. Will Sarah realize what she's lost, and what about Rachel?

COMMENTS?

Due to this one particular movie that I'm excited as fuck about coming out tomorrow, I was trying to decide whether I should go with a classic talkback for one of the movies you'd be expecting, or go the opposite way on this? I went with the latter.

But seriously, this is the one film of the Apatow empire that I find to be really worth something, and proves that Segel can hold his own with the big boys, as well as shows his puppetry skills. And yes, I love Russell Brand in both movies.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/