PlayStation 4!

Started by Daikun, February 21, 2013, 12:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Glad Sony said they aren't blocking used games on the PS4. I don't have many used games, but that still would be a deal-breaker for me. I didn't think the rumors were true anyway. Not thrilled this won't have backwards compatibility like the PS3 though.

Spark Of Spirit

The same yawn I uttered at the PS3 launch applies here.

No BC at all is just insane. Not even PSN games. Who cares about unified accounts when you can't even take the games forward with you?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 21, 2013, 07:11:45 AM
Glad Sony said they aren't blocking used games on the PS4. I don't have many used games, but that still would be a deal-breaker for me. I didn't think the rumors were true anyway. Not thrilled this won't have backwards compatibility like the PS3 though.
Ah sweet, no used game blocking. Color me interested.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 21, 2013, 05:08:53 PM
No BC at all is just insane. Not even PSN games. Who cares about unified accounts when you can't even take the games forward with you?

I don't own a PS3, so I suppose it doesn't affect me, but that's still ridiculous. So if you downloaded a game like Journey to your PS3, you'd have to buy it again for PS$, or could you just redownload it for free because it would be the same account?

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 22, 2013, 11:23:38 AM
So if you downloaded a game like Journey to your PS3, you'd have to buy it again for PS$, or could you just redownload it for free because it would be the same account?
If it's anything like the Vita, it'll be the former for westerners, and the latter for Japanese.

Kiddington

Quote from: Foggle on February 22, 2013, 11:45:53 AM
Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 22, 2013, 11:23:38 AM
So if you downloaded a game like Journey to your PS3, you'd have to buy it again for PS$, or could you just redownload it for free because it would be the same account?
If it's anything like the Vita, it'll be the former for westerners, and the latter for Japanese.

If it's anything like the Vita, Sony might as well prepare for bankruptcy.

HEYOOOOO... I'll show myself out.