What gaming franchises do you want to see revived?

Started by Eddy, April 16, 2012, 09:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

We've been seeing a lot of franchise revival this generation. Game franchises that kind of faded away that have made a comeback. We've seen the return of such franchises as Street Fighter, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, Duke Nukem, Bionic Commando, Donkey Kong Country, A Boy and His Blob, and several others. Some of these revivals work and others don't but they're always fun to see. So, I ask you, what franchises do YOU want to see make a comeback?

Here are mine!

Ice Climber - Super Smash Bros. has given these little eskimos newfound popularity and I think making a new Ice Climber game would be great. I'm not sure who should make it (maybe Sakurai?) or what platform it should be for but I'd like to see Nana and Popo come back in a brand new game.

Clock Tower - This niche survival horror franchise is all but forgotten which is a shame because it has a pretty cool concept. You're on the run from a killer, you're not armed to the teeth with grenades and shotguns, and all you can do is run and hide. It being a point and click game would make a remake of the original perfect for the Wii. Capcom owns the franchise now but I'm not sure they remember they have it.

Star Fox - The 3DS remake of Star Fox 64 aside, we need a NEW Star Fox game. And one that sticks to the formula that works: flying around in an arwing. Adventures was alright but not what a Star Fox game should be. Assault was complete trash (outside of the arwing levels of which there were hardly any). Let's get a new Star Fox game that plays like Star Fox 64. There's a reason that game is still loved today: because it had a formula that worked.

Parappa the Rapper/Um Jammer Lammy - I'm not the biggest fan of rhythm games but I love Parappa and Lammy. The games are just a lot of fun and I think it's time we saw Parappa 3 or Lammy 2 on the PS3.

Elite Beat Agents - I know I said I'm not a big fan of rhythm games but Elite Beat Agents is easily one of my favorite games on the DS. Why did it only get one game? Bring the agents back, Nintendo!

Spark Of Spirit

I'll be here all night!  ;)

This is pretty much the last Nintendo franchise that I personally feel needs a revival. There's a ton of potential here. Zelda-ish exploration with a unique platformer and puzzle solving vibe, a cute sense of humor, and a completely original setting. Mike Jones is my most wanted Smash Bros. character and has been since Smash 64.

This is the easiest thing Sega could bring back. All they have to do is make more routes, more songs, more unlocks and quirky modes, and the tight mechanics from 2 improved on. This is the best racing game ever.

If Tecmo wasn't braindead Ninja Gaiden 4 for the 3DS would be out already. And it would be 2D.

More to come!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

OH GOODIE! I've been meaning to mention a few of the games I'm about to list.

Tobal- Make No. 3 a bit more of a platformer, modern controls which would really help out the movement, co-op for the campaign and better combat for the story and fighting mode. Also make sure Akira Toriyama does the character designs again. (sp?)

Syphon Filter- Update the game on consoles in obvious ways. Bring back the original characters. I'd love to see my first favorite TPS series revived.

3D Blaster Master- Loved Blasting Again on PS1.

Einhander- The greatest PS1 game. I hear the main character gets executed after the events of the game. Let's see what happens afterwards. I believe the original had no co-op. Change that. Also have it for online .Have a gun switch menu in between levels. Less enclosed spaces for better co-op. Boss rush mode. Level select.

Comix Zone 2-  Co-op. Players get multiple lives this time. Jump between multiple comic books in one level. Superhero non-item special attacks. Don't take damage for no reason.

3D Prince of Persia- Make it in Sands Of Time style. Make the combat even more acrobat-based like being able to run over enemies, jump off them and then run on a wall. Keep large bosses to a minimum. Human sized ones or a bit larger weapon wielding bosses are better. Enemies can platform just as well as The Prince. Use the sword and platforming in most puzzles like being able to run on walls and slice down ropes. Platform sections can be passed mostly from the player freestyle platforming instead of just doing the same jump down, climb this ledge animations over and over again.

Onimusha- No more tank controls. Add a jump button.

Dino Crisis- Give us a real sequel with large, dinosaurs infested facilities, regular TPS controls with gast movement since dinosaurs are faster than zombies and fast paced boss fights.

The Warriors 2- Rockstar version. Break James Remar out of prison in the first level. Get revenge on gangs. Maybe have some who are on Warriors territory and do a reverse of the movie where they have to run and avoid getting beaten by The Warriors. 4 player co-op, if not more, off and online co-op. Roughly  up to 4 players can grab ahold of one enemy and beat the miss out of them. Specific property the player wants broken can be selected via the character pointing at it then the bots will run over abd break it. In The Warriors New York, the gangs outnumber policemen so have a large riot where multiple gangs form together and attack the police.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

F-Zero is extremely overdue for a reboot. The last overall title was 2004's GP Legend over on the GBA, and the last console installment was GX, released nearly nine years ago. Other than their Smash Bros. presence, Nintendo seems to have completely forgotten about this one, and that's really a shame; not only because they're great games, but F-Zero just feels like it'd be something that's tailor-made for the Wii.

...also, I'd like a new Crash Bandicoot title that, you know, doesn't suck. It's been roughly four years since the last installment anyway, but a lot longer than that since we've had one that's actually worth playing. Unfortunately, without Naughty Dog's involvement, that'll probably never happen, so it looks like I'll just have to keep dreaming.