"The Dark Knight Rises" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 19, 2012, 10:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Why'd he release all the prisoners, though?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 10, 2013, 04:31:49 PM
Why'd he release all the prisoners, though?
So that Batman would be tired from fighting them all in a row, enabling Bane to easily break his back when he returned to Wayne Manor.

Dr. Insomniac

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 10, 2013, 03:21:52 PM
I have a question, as it's been a while since I saw this movie.

What was Bane's plan?
To blow up Gotham because Ra's thought it was evil...even though Ra's (if he were alive and away from Gotham long enough) would have left the city alone after Bruce successful made it a good place. I'm not even joking. That has been my biggest problem with the movie. Ra's would have probably thanked Bruce and left, not blow up the city for no reason. Screw what Talia said, revenge isn't a small reason behind their plans, it's the only reason. Ra's would probably be sickened by that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2013, 05:01:08 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 10, 2013, 03:21:52 PM
I have a question, as it's been a while since I saw this movie.

What was Bane's plan?
To blow up Gotham because Ra's thought it was evil...even though Ra's (if he were alive and away from Gotham long enough) would have left the city alone after Bruce successful made it a good place. I'm not even joking. That has been my biggest problem with the movie. Ra's would have probably thanked Bruce and left, not blow up the city for no reason. Screw would Talia said, revenge isn't a small reason behind their plans, it's the only reason. Ra's would probably be sickened by that.

A challenger approaches.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here's a better question? Why the fuck was Scarecrow featured in all 3 movies (albeit as his alter ego in the sequels, but still)? Was Nolan just a big Scarecrow fan to give him those cameos, or did he just hate Scarecrow and want to rub it into the faces of fans of that character by completely under-utilizing him in the first film and making him a complete joke of a villain in the sequels?

Avaitor

I think Nolan wanted to sell the idea that the villains of Gotham will keep on going back into crime, no matter how many times they're caught. I think that he wanted to do the same with the Joker if Ledger was still alive, but obviously that didn't get to happen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 10, 2013, 07:31:23 PM
Here's a better question? Why the fuck was Scarecrow featured in all 3 movies (albeit as his alter ego in the sequels, but still)? Was Nolan just a big Scarecrow fan to give him those cameos, or did he just hate Scarecrow and want to rub it into the faces of fans of that character by completely under-utilizing him in the first film and making him a complete joke of a villain in the sequels?
I remember you defended that...

talonmalon333

I can imagine the Joker having Scarecrow's role in TDKR, if he were still alive.

But then again, the Joker would've probably been the main villain. Ledger's death kind of derailed the series, which might be why Nolan went onto making Inception first.

gunswordfist

i thought the last bane fight was a lot worse than i remembered when i saw it again a few weeks ago. the first fight remains my favorite part of the movie. i love bane's lines and bruce's determination despite how physically and emotionally broken down he was. the latter probably made me like the scene even more than when i first saw it in theaters.

i have only seen parts of it on tv, which is probably a good idea since basic cable ruins films. i might do a full rewatch one day. tdkr is still my least favorite nolan, if not live action batman film and i like it about as much as mystery of the batwoman.