South Park: The Stick of Truth

Started by Eddy, March 04, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

So it's finally out. Has anyone played it yet? I know I want to get it, I'm just not sure when I'll get around to it. From what I hear it captures the spirit of the show perfectly and, from the sound of things, I'd probably enjoy it a lot as I'm hearing a lot of comparisons to Paper Mario in terms of the gameplay. And I love me some Paper Mario.

Nel_Annette

Same here. I love how it's Paper Mario style gameplay. I saw it at Target today, but I'm probably going to wait until the price goes down.

Lord Il

I was along with the nephew at EB this afternoon to pick up his limited edition pre-order. For what it is, the included Grand Wizard Cartman figure is well done.

Still haven't seen or played it yet but I've been hearing some good things.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I played about an hour of it at a friend's house and - I WANT THIS GAME!

I don't even care for RPGs, but as a huge fan of the show I'm really impressed by how spot-on the humor is. It's also a plus that you don't hsve to grind in this game, so I'm definitely thinking of picking it up.

Foggle

Glad it's good! Obsidian always makes excellent games. I heard this is their least buggy release to date, only plagued by occasional slowdown in the console versions and not much else.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is probably the only game I've seen with this brand of humor that doesn't get slammed by the critics for it. But yes, both fans and critics have mostly been taking well to this game, and I absolutely love what I've played of it (albeit for the humor more than the gameplay, but still, the combat is surprisingly entertaining).

LumRanmaYasha

Trey and Matt wrote the script for the game, so it's no wonder the humor is "spot-on." I'm glad to hear the game is good. I really want to play it myself, though I won't get the chance to for a good while (and I still haven't finished Pokemon X yet...did I mention that I don't spend a lot of time playing games anymore?)  :sweat:

Eddy

Got this today and played it all evening. I'm loving it! And yes, what everyone is saying is true, the gameplay is essentially Paper Mario with a South Park motif. And it works fantastically.