"The Avengers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Avaitor, May 03, 2012, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I should say that I watched this with my parents back on New Years, and my dad had not seen it before. He seemed to really enjoy it and was surprised that Nick Fury had so much to do (being that he grew up with his books) which seemed to thrill him.

The movie holds up, really. As far as popcorn movies go, it's great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, while the deleted scenes have been out for a while back when the DVD released (which I never picked up), I just happened to come across this one. Now, I can understand why it was cut out of the theatrical film, as it slows down the pace of the movie and wouldn't mean much to anyone who didn't see or care about Captain America. However, being that he's my favorite Avenger as far as the movie-verse goes, I really liked what I saw in this scene, in how Captain America is finding hardship in adjusting to the modern times and relating to or even understanding the people and technology around him. That said, a scene like this feels more fitting for somethings like Captain America 2 than it does for The Avengers (despite its reference to Tony Stark/Iron Man), so it does make sense that it was cut from the final film. I do like that it gives us some insight into what the "normal" aspects of Steve Roger's modern life are like, though.

The Shadow Gentleman

Since Cap was my favorite Avengers too, I have to agree. That scene is amazing.

Kiddington

I still haven't even seen Captain America yet.

Yeah yeah, I know.

Kiddington

Watched it again tonight for like the 4th time. Still great.

That scene with Hulk beating the absolute shit out of Loki... never gets old.

gunswordfist

having watched avengers emh sometime after this movie, an important realization came to me...

this film is the only work of fiction i've come across where maria hill is not a bitch.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody