Stealth

Started by gunswordfist, May 19, 2013, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

7.1 GB. And yes, Gold only. Sorry.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

I think I liked BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2 more than BioShock Infinite itself. I loved the more stealthy approach of the gameplay, which reminded me more of BioShock 1. Sure, you still have the option to take out enemies with guns, but I had some much fun doing sneak attacks and knocking them out with arrows one by one. Plus, the fact that Elizabeth has less health than Booker did (and no shield) makes it the best way to approach the game.

gunswordfist

Has anyone played MGSV?

gunswordfist

How does regenerative health in Ground Zeroes effect its gameplay?

gunswordfist

How I'd rank stealth games from last gen:

7. Assassin's Creed
6. Batman Arkham Asylum
5. Assassin's Creed 2
4. Hitman Absolution
3. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
2. Splinter Cell Conviction ()the co-op mode puts it a hair above Blood Dragon..for now)
1. Metal Gear Solid IV

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I heard that a lot of hardcore Splinter Cell fans didn't like Conviction because they felt that it watered down the stealth mechanics too much to make it easier and more accessible to newbies. While I only ever played the demo of the game, and actually kind of enjoyed it a little bit, I do have to agree that it is MUCH easier than any previous Splinter Cell game, all of which I'm downright terrible at.

gunswordfist

I prefer the older games but the only thing I (fundamentally) don't like is the instant headshot kill move. I still abuse because it's so freaking cool but it takes away from the game.

Anyway, stealth games have played like good 3rd person shooters for awhile. MGS4, Hitman Absolution and Splinter Cell Conviction can all be played like any shooter. Iirc, MGSIV and Hitman only have two mandatory stealth mission each, with MGS4's first one being a good alternate type of play style and the 2nd one is one of the very last parts in the game and stealth is required because it's so freaking hard if you try to go in guns blazing. Also, since these are actually stealth games, the missions that require stealth are actually good since these are actually stealth games unlike other action games that like to have stealth levels out of nowhere. Well, except Hitman's finale stealth required mission, lol.

talonmalon333

What do you guys think of the stealth section in The Wind Waker (the Forsaken Fortress dungeon at the beginning of the game)?

Foggle

I always see people complain about it, but it's easy, short, and fun, so I like it a lot.

Nel_Annette

I sucked at it as a kid but can do it pretty easily now. Still annoying though. Stealth sections are easily one of my least favorite things in Zelda games.

gunswordfist

if you want bad stealth, play beyond good & evil.

gunswordfist

I just beat the 1st level in the currently free Mark Of The Ninja: Special Edition. I beat this part on 360 so I'm interested in seeing what's next. So far, it's a bit sluggish on my likely outdated laptop but it controls surprisingly well on a keyboard. I tried Shank earlier and it's controls are a headache without a controller. lol