Armikrog

Started by Daikun, June 16, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This is a Kickstarter that I really want to see succeed, and now I'm worried that it might not. :butbut:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

Armikrog is a new point-and-click adventure game from Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel. The game will be DRM-free and cross-platform on all types of computers. It's a spiritual successor to The Neverhood and will be entirely animated in clay. It will feature the voice talents of people you might recognize like MST3K's Mike Nelson, voice acting guru Rob Paulsen, and PvP creator Scott Kurtz, among others.

The game has a $900,000 set goal, and although the funding came off to a great start, it slowly trickled down to a crawl, and with only 10 days left, it's only barely past half its goal (the current tally as of this post is $536,266).

I really want to see this game get made, so I'm spreading the word out about this as much as I can.

Daikun

5 days to go.
Current tally: $610,572

Lord Il

Doug TenNapel..... That's a name I haven't heard of in years. Been a fan of his stuff since The Neverhood. I've gotta make it a point to dust off the ol' Skullmonkeys game and give it another play.

Currently at $641,399 with three more days.
  :zonk:

Micki!

Yike sonly 3 more days, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one, and also just threw 30 dollars at them for this project!!!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Daikun

Bad news: The Kickstarter is likely to fail at this point. :cry:

Good news: The game is still getting made, regardless!

Nintendo has given them a developers license for the Wii U!

Lord Il

Nice! Really want to see this finished. Doug has an amazing imagination for this sort of thing. Hopefully he can make a reasonable profit from sales to help fund future projects. He's too talented to not be doing something!

Daikun

There's still a day and a half to go, and funding has TOTALLY sped up now! They've made it past $800k!

They might make it after all! :shakeshakeshake:

Lord Il

Now currently at over $864.000 with just 19 more hours and still climbing quickly. I think Doug and crew are already dancing in the streets at this point.

Daikun

Micki!

Wow I just got the email, this is really cool news, I honestly didn't think it would get far enough with the final push, It's awesome they made it this far..! ;D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'